Aliens

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Aliens

Post by Ivogoji »

I don't remember us ever discussing this before.

Do you think there is life on other planets?

If so, how do you explain the Fermi Paradox (ie despite the probability of intelligent life in space, and the possibility of them developing space travel capabilities, there is no observable evidence of such alien activity known to science)?

Do you think life could have emerged on other planets in our own solar system?
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Aliens

Post by Coty »

I choose to believe that we are creations of aliens designed to battle and wage war for a very long running TV series.

But in a more serious note. There is a possibility on life on other planets. The thing is though that they could potentially be so far away that we will never meet them. There is a possibility that if they sent a signal they could be so far away that we could be extinct as a species before it reached earth. I think it was estimated to be 156billion lightyears from end to end. But that's hard to verify because we cannot observe that far.

Even sadder, we could potentially receive a transmission from an alien species that went extinct before we even walked on two legs. How sad would it be if we spent all of our resources to reach out to a dead civilization. Or that another civilization does the same with us.

As far as within our own solar system goes, I believe it's fully possible for at least single celled organisms to exist many places outside of earth. I see no reason not to explore the idea. It's theorized by some that at one time mars was more ideal for supporting life... I see no reason that life may have not once been on mars. Heck who knows, maybe we even moved to earth from mars when mars got all messed up and all of our evaluation steps are completely incorrect because we were once a smart fish people.

It's fun to dream.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎