VRChat

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
User avatar
BriefCasey795
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 am
Motto: Recovering Cancer Patient
Location: Home
Contact:

VRChat

Post by BriefCasey795 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:55 am

So this game has been showing up in lots of places around social media, lets plays, etc. Let alone we got a new Knux meme out of it as well.

I've played it myself, and the stuff you see is very weird, but also can be kinda funny.

Any other experiences? We should probably keep the discussion PG-13 due to the nature of some people, though.

In case a thread on this game isn't supposed to be on here, my apologies, and lock this if you need to.
Friend Codes - Youtube - Steam - deviantART
"I have returned from the grave to give the living haircuts." -TF2 Soldier

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by chaoadventures » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 am

DO YOU KNOW DE WEY

HE DOESN'T KNOW DE WEY
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 am

It's amazing how fast people run jokes into the ground nowadays.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by chaoadventures » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am

"run jokes into the ground"

Gonna just play it straight for a bit and say you strike me as the kind of guy who never would have found this funny to begin with.

And then say it doesn't even qualify as a joke because you didn't think it was funny

like dead bart
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:48 pm
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: VRChat

Post by azureprism » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:04 pm

I wonder what Gregzilla thinks about all of this madness.

User avatar
retrolinkx
Deity Chaos Chao
Deity Chaos Chao
Posts: 6307
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by retrolinkx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Rajikaru wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 am
It's amazing how fast people run jokes into the ground nowadays.
The amount of users on the internet along with the people who browse 4chan/reddit wanting to be the first to show their friends "le funny joke XD" helps, as well as those friends wanting to show their friends on facebook.

Best to just ignore it/go with the flow, can't stop it these days, and there's not enough time to get angry over it.
Image
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm

chaoadventures wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am
"run jokes into the ground"

Gonna just play it straight for a bit and say you strike me as the kind of guy who never would have found this funny to begin with.

And then say it doesn't even qualify as a joke because you didn't think it was funny

like dead bart
No, I found it perfectly funny when it first gained traction a week ago. In fact, I still find it funny when playing VRChat, little gregzilla knuckles running around with racist accents talking about the way and never breaking character is pretty great, just like a lot of VRChat.


Everybody and their mother going 'LEL DE WAY XDXDXDXDD FUNNY KNUCKLES DE WAY XDXDXDXD" isn't funny. Just because I don't find you repeating dead bart dead bart heheehheheeh uts funi dead bart hAHAHAHHH funny doesn't mean i don't have a sense of humour.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

User avatar
BriefCasey795
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 am
Motto: Recovering Cancer Patient
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by BriefCasey795 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 pm

I guess if anything this sums up the current state:
Image

Weirdly enough last time I was on was probably before the U. Knux thing skyrocketed.
Friend Codes - Youtube - Steam - deviantART
"I have returned from the grave to give the living haircuts." -TF2 Soldier

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by chaoadventures » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:25 am

Rajikaru wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm
No, I found it perfectly funny when it first gained traction a week ago. In fact, I still find it funny when playing VRChat, little gregzilla knuckles running around with racist accents talking about the way and never breaking character is pretty great, just like a lot of VRChat.


Everybody and their mother going 'LEL DE WAY XDXDXDXDD FUNNY KNUCKLES DE WAY XDXDXDXD" isn't funny. Just because I don't find you repeating dead bart dead bart heheehheheeh uts funi dead bart hAHAHAHHH funny doesn't mean i don't have a sense of humour.
implying I'm the one who repeats dead bart

I suppose. I'm just saying I figured based on prior evidence that you would have just dismissed this meme as being worth your time in the first place, and this is clearly not the case.
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 am

I have a sense of humour. I just don't have one here where the only time jokes come up anymore it's you or eboy or whoever else throwing out a funny meme quote just because you can. That's not humour or a funny joke,there's no punchline, it's just being annoying.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by chaoadventures » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 am

wait what

at what point

did I say you didn't have a sense of humor

I just meant that you didn't like the memes presented prior here

that resemble this one full force

not jokes as a whole
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 am

wait what

that has nothing to do with vrchat

why are you still dragging it on

i explained my stance and why i don't find what you or other users on the site say funny

leave it at that

and get over it
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by chaoadventures » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 am

Well you don't have to be a jerk about it
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: VRChat

Post by Lamby » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 pm

it's dumb sometimes, but

it'll get old eventually. also they make creams for hemorrhoids, don't be mean to the kiddos
Last edited by Lamby on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 am

This is unrelated to VR chat but since I'm here, Lamby, kindly crawl back underneath whatever moss-ridden stone you crawled out of. You're much more of a nuisance than people like chaoadventures could ever be. Even if they make dumb jokes, I know it's just because they're younger and they'll eventually grow out out of it and be proper citizens and contribute to society. Your passive-aggressive comments and "opinions" do nothing besides try and rile people up and make you the center of attention, and unlike Triert, who also does a lot of nay-saying, I have yet to see you actually do anything that contributes anything.


You're probably gonna shrug this off and go "whatever haha lol u butthurt" or whatever it is your next clever snide comment will be, and I'll probably get banned for flaming, but at this point I'd say it's worth it, every time I see you post I feel no reaction other than "Oh god, here we go again, what new snide comment will they make". It's gotten old.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: VRChat

Post by Pufflehugs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 am

Woah man, there's no need to get personal, especially since this topic has been derailed enough as-is. (cough mostly by you cough)
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

User avatar
CitrusCat
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Motto: I just wanna play video games.
Location: Somewhere in the universe...
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by CitrusCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 am

So uhhhh

For everyone who plays the game, what's your favorite avatar to use?
I personally like the marching band cats, they're cute.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: VRChat

Post by Pufflehugs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 am

When you say "marching band cats", I assume you mean the MitchiriNeko March cats. I love those guys.
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

User avatar
CitrusCat
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Motto: I just wanna play video games.
Location: Somewhere in the universe...
Contact:

Re: VRChat

Post by CitrusCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:30 am

^
Yeah, that's exactly what I was referring to. Sorry that I forgot the name of it, lol.
The MitchiriNeko March avatars are in a world called "Kitten march band" if anyone else wants to use them.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")

User avatar
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Posts: 5681
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am
Motto: It is I
Location: The Frenchiest Fry

Re: VRChat

Post by Triert » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 am

Image

I honestly didn't see myself get mentioned until after I wrote the latter

You know I've seen too many contrarian "no fun allowed" people since CI stopped being my to go place and I think radical could do himself a favor by dropping the "too cool for this" act.

That aside I'm hoping that as soon as the ugandan knuckles tribe stops being the hot new social shitposting meme that the underground loli fighting ring returns and we get to see more underage anime girls beat the crap out of each other.

Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: VRChat

Post by Lamby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 pm

so we can agree passive aggressive commentary like taking patronizing potshots at teenagers is unproductive? you have incredible nerve demanding respect from others when i think everyone in this thread would agree you came in hot for no reason and got all uptight when it wasn't well received by the OP. don't throw shade if you can't catch shade, love

------------------------------

anyway, on topic, i don't really like the knuckles meme much, but it is pretty fun seeing so many silly people fooling around in vr chat, i giggle too much. if there was a random doofy sheep avatar that'd be so me.

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: VRChat

Post by Rajikaru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Lamby wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 pm
so we can agree passive aggressive commentary like taking patronizing potshots at teenagers is unproductive? you have incredible nerve demanding respect from others when i think everyone in this thread would agree you came in hot for no reason and got all uptight when it wasn't well received by the OP. don't throw shade if you can't catch shade, love
Like I said, I am snide towards the younger users because I know they'll grow out of it eventually and they can take some negative interactions, life isn't all memes and echo chambers. You're not a teenager. You're just a childish "adult" that likes to act the way you are for whatever reason, maybe to feel like you're unique in a sea of mediocrity, but whatever the reason is, you genuinely hold no value towards Chao Island, or as far as I can tell, society as a whole, love. You need to grow up and fast if you actually want to do anything with yourself besides make snide comments on forums, because you're heading nowhere fast. I wish I could say your snide passive-aggressive comments "anger" me because then you'd at least be channeling some emotion from somebody for your posts, but at this point it's just a sigh, minor annoyance, and wondering when you're going to get your act together. Everybody else on this site has a bright future ahead of them. Retro, Fox/Aidan, Triert, the younger users, even the chao section, they all are great people that will do good things. I see you on tumblr or reddit or whatever social media site making petty snide comments until your last breath.

Also, I have no problem taking a thread off-topic, at this point if it wasn't for my comments the thread would die after 3 or 4 posts, as is usual with the posts these days.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa

Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: VRChat

Post by Lamby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am

actually i'm pretty good friends with most users from ci now, as they've helped coach my self awareness for some time now, and i'm also friends with all the people you listed, including brian who i've been working to build a relationship with. and i am thankful to them all for being there to talk to after being left isolated by abuse and mental illness and being understanding. please master some social skills, because i feel you're projecting hard. i'm also post gotten somewhere and have earned the time to spare as a writer who's very monetarily self sufficient while being disabled and facing adversity as a trans woman and terminally ill patient. don't presume to lecture me with your pseudo-intellectual pedantry and offended pride

i've never seen a man act this prissy and whiny over someone insinuating they're a little uptight. chill out and breathe. also that's the last time i entertain your derail

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: VRChat

Post by Pufflehugs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:49 am

Image
So how about VR chat? Pretty fun, huh guys?
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: VRChat

Post by Lamby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 am

yeah i like when people are liked swarmed together. it's like so overwhelming yet amusing at the same time i love it

Locked