Dark Souls

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MajorEliteKing
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Dark Souls

Post by MajorEliteKing »

Has anyone played this yet?
Its known as the "spiritual successor" to Demons Souls for the PS3
I just got it a few days ago, and dang its really hard

I decided to play as Theif
which is kind of an intermediate class, but I (as a beginner) decided to stick to it
I just can't abandon Orlox now :C
Image Image Image
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: Dark Souls

Post by retrolinkx »

I want to get this, mostly because it seems very interesting, but I will once it's cheap.

Also hello there MEK, haven't seen you on in a while.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
MajorEliteKing
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by MajorEliteKing »

Ah retro, its a very fun game!
It's also quite difficult, if you've ever watched any gameplay or lets plays of it, im sure you'll see some very frustrated players around.

Also yeah, I've just been kind of around and poppin in CI every once in awhile to see whats goin on
Image Image Image
Metal Sonic
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Metal Sonic »

I'm level 82 in dark souls, and I got to New Game Plus twice in demon's souls (2 different characters).
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

I got this game yesterday because I heard it was hard. It did turn out to be hard... unless you use a Greatsword/Greataxe which make it basically all you have to do is swing the weapon until the enemy dies.
I'm not very far though, somewhere on what I presume is the first level (not the tutorial).
MajorEliteKing
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by MajorEliteKing »

The difficulty really depends on what starting class you use (though its not really relevant later), the starting gear makes all the difference. Having to use a dagger to defeat the Asylum Demon was pretty difficult

But I've gotten accustomed to backstabbing since its really useful in defeating larger bulkier enemies (especially the black knights, but you should parry more often for those guys)

Right now I'm in the Undead Parish trying to defeat The Channeler mini-boss, he's the only mini-boss I have left to defeat in that area, bluh! The part that's so aggravating about the Channeler is that he can buff any other baddies around so it becomes very easy to die even with the minutely difficult enemies (like the Zombies)
Image Image Image