Fable 1 HD remake.

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Fable 1 HD remake.

Post by retrolinkx »

I'm actually really happy Lionhead are doing something good, and actually getting me excited for a Fable game. I haven't been excited for a Fable game since 2005.

Anyhow, they're not only redoing the best Fable game in HD, but giving it the Halo Anniversary treatment, re-doing all the textures and models to make them next gen.

Source

Comparison.

They're also adding achievements. It's going to be downloaded from the XBL store, but I hope they make a physical copy, I'd prefer that over the digital version.

So, what do you guys think? Good, bad? I mean after ****ing Fable: The Journey I didn't think Lionhead would ever recover with the Fable series.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Re: Fable 1 HD remake.

Post by CasualCollision »

YES. GOOD. Fable I and II are the only games in the series that I can actually say were decent games. The first was great, the second was a bit underwhelming, but still good, and though the third had good writing and voice acting, the gameplay and the second half of the story left way too much to be desired to be considered good. As for The Journey, I didn't even bother with it. I'm glad that the first is getting an all around remake. I'll be sure to get it when it comes out. I didn't even realize how much the first one has aged compared to today's standards.

Still, I'd like to see a third Black & White game be made.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I think Microsoft could revive more first-gen Xbox exclusives in this manner. Could help sustain the 360 until their consumers move to the new console, considering they're fighting near irrelevancy from lack of exclusives while Nintendo and Sony are still getting a small to moderate amount. In any case, PIF is very excited as she loves the series. I give Lionsgate props for making a good move.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

A mediocre RPG in HD will just be a mediocre RPG that looks prettier.