Desired Crossovers

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Desired Crossovers

Post by Lamby »

If you had the privilege of developing a crossover title between two or more gaming franchises and the dev teams (and still existed/still own the IP if either apply) and publishers magically were on board and the fantasy land where gamers didn't pitch fits existed, what franchises would you choose and what sort of game would it be? You may incorporate as many crossover ideas as your brain contains.

Something like this:

I know that PaRappa appeared in Um Jammer Lammy, but I've always wanted a full length game where they decide to form a funk-rap group for a prize that benefits both of them.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted appeals to me if only because I'm a fan of both styles of gameplay, and a battle of wits between Lara and Nathan sound like it'd be quite comedic. Plus TR could use UDs writing while UD could use some of TR's more balanced game-play.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Twin
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Desired Crossovers

Post by Twin »

monster hunter and pokemon
yip yip
seaworld wrote:you WILL get WET
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Legend of Zelda and Darksiders.

Zelda has a lot of amazing games, and if it would have more of an atmosphere like Darksiders, as well as some mechanics, it would make a much better game.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Jack911
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Jack911 »

I want a HUUUGE rpg with all major (or maybe even some minor) Nintendo franchises. Not sure if it should be strategy or turn-based. Maybe you can journey through each game world and possibly include some aspects of the Subspace Emissary. I'd be fine with either one.

I'd also like to see a Star Fox/Metroid crossover. This was rumored a while ago, and I was disappointed to find it was only a rumor
3DS Code: 5026-5348-1262
PSN: Lagilash911
Steam: CptJackFalcon
(PM me if you use anything)
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

parappa x crash bandicoot, maybe with an already amazing company in their own right spearheading the production of the game to make it a hit

either that or pokemon x digimon
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Sonic The Hedgehog and Crash Bandicoot.
or
Super Mario Bros. and Crash Bandicoot
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Does no one here want a Sega Smash Bros. type game?

I could just imagine it.

Starting with Sonic and Eggman battling it out for the Master Emerald, but Sonic soon loses to a more powerful being that Eggman controls, and is sort of like the powerful being in SSBB.

Eggman soon escapes with his powerful being and the master emerald into the skies.

He is then attacked by the Blue Rouges, and is boarded by Vyse and Aika

Soon, Sonic and Co. find out the Emerald is with the Blue Rouges, and they battle, find out they're not the bad guys, and team up to take out Eggman.

Hell, Ryo from Shenmue and Beat from Jet Set could even be part of their own little story. Maybe a group has taken the GG's turf, and this group also has connections to Lan Di, so Ryo and Beat team up to take them down, but they soon find out a larger threat is being concocted by Eggman as they speak.

It could have SSE elements to it, and maybe a good and bad side of the story with it.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

That sounds like fun, but I've just never been a huge enough fan of SEGA IPs to really know what they are to suggest it. That said, I have always pondered a SEGA x Namco-Bandai SSB-style fighter, just so I could see Sonic and Klonoa in one place or see someone from Tales of fight alongside someone from Skies of Arcadia... so a game centric to either publisher is just as appealing.
Television romance "
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

This would be completely bizarre and would probably not work, but a joint Crash/Croc reboot. Both platformers I loved to bits as a child, given a modern remake together. My five year old self would clapse in a bundle of glee.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Something that ultimately ties the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls universes together would be pretty cool.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Girly Filthy Casual Answers:

-Pokemon/Viva Pinata Because I need more games like Viva Pinata. BEAT THINGS WITH SHOVELS!
-Pokemon/Sim Animals. Because I need more games where I'm just playing god with cute creatures. Plus the idea of observing Pokemon in their natural habitats while building/controlling the ecosystems sounds amazing.

Other Answers:

-Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter. The pair already have references to each other in their games. They even appeared in a game with Sly Cooper together. But I want a game with a plot that takes place in their own worlds that isn't forced on them by some weird alien dragging them together. Unless 'some weird alien dragging them together' translates to one of Ratchet's threats leading him to Jak and Daxter's planet. Then it and the Dark Makers join forces to form a team only the combined efforts of the heroes and their allies from both series have to face together.

-Mega Man/Sonic the Hedgehog. I've wanted this idea even before Archie did it. Two mad geniuses building robots to destroy their blue nemeses? Yes please.

-Dragon Age/Kingdoms of Amalur. Because I want to see Dragon Age's Story writing mixed with the fantastical elements of Amalur. Also I want to see some Darkspawn Fae.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

uncharted x tomb raider
crash x spyro (no guys the GBA one was average and barely counted as a crossover)
smash bros x playstation all stars (yep, clearly a feasible idea)
pokemon x digimon (RUMBLE ARENA STYLE PLS)
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

PokemonxDigimonxMonster Rancher for the ultimate Dimension jumping, monster fighting, collect-a-thon of all time, preferably sticking to the RPG genre.

YsxLegend of Zelda: Preferably with Adol and Link having a duel at some point, and maybe seeing Dogi wrestle a Goron.

A Smash-like featuring Nippon Ichi Characters.

A proper Mario and Sonic Crossover, as in an actual platformer, not another Olymipics themed minigame collection.

Starfox x R-Type
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

@Crash: Can I just say you are speaking my language during your entire post? I'm all for it.

To make my post more than affirmation, though, Iould love to see Kirby x Klonoa being that the styles of game-play could truly mesh.
Television romance "
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

Nova! wrote:parappa x crash bandicoot
All of my yes
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

Twin wrote:monster hunter and pokemon
this sounds fantastic

i've basically posted the same exact thing before, but some sort of osu! or rhythm heaven crossover with various other vidya series' would be the best thing
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

Animal Crossing x Some RPG

I just think it would be cool.
Vampires smell good.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

BlazBlue x Guilty Gear

I mean sure, they're different games and a hell of a lot of BB/GG gamers need to learn that they're not the same game, but a crossover of this is desired by even ArcSys employees.

Other than that...

Pretty much just ArcSys vs Type-Moon. It's unlikely and I'm certain as hell it won't happen, but I'd die of happiness if this ever happened.
Toram159
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Toram159 »

PinkIceFox wrote:Girly Filthy Casual Answers:

-Pokemon/Viva Pinata Because I need more games like Viva Pinata. BEAT THINGS WITH SHOVELS!

I thought I was the only VP fan here XD But yes, this.

And in other games, the amount of cross overs I can think of is immense :I

For starters a Dead Space x Aliens or a Dead Space x Mass Effect. Seeing a Hive Mind fight a reaper, while Husks, Necromorphs/ and the various allied species fighting against each other, while Issac and Shepard fight to a Marker while a convergence event was beginning would be nothing short of epic. Plus it wuld be funny seeing a Krogan punch a Unitoligist in the face XD But watching a Krogan punch anything would be funny :I It'd also be cool to see some Necro'd husks as well as the various other races would be interesting(Stalker Turian or Brute Krogan)

And for the DSxAliens watching the various Necromorphs fighting, and possibly converting a couple of Xenomorphs, while slaughtering each other alongside the Colonial Marines and Weyland Yutani goons, with Predators picking off each of all groups one by one would also be badass. Extra points for a Tormentor/Tripod/Brute(I have only played the second game and don't know about all the new necros in 3) take on an Alien Queen and a Predator thats killed many queens would be frenching epic
Deviant Art: http://toram159.deviantart.com/
RP Repository: http://www.rprepository.com/p/Sketch444/
Steam: Toram159/Sketch444
XBL Gamer Tag: Malum159
PSN: etcha-sketch159
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

Billy Hatcher X Marble Saga Kororinpa

It would make you rage more but it'll be fun
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^How about Billy HatcherxKatamari?

Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct anyone?

The Smash Brothers of Mascot Platformers starring such greats as Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Jak, Banjo, etc.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

NIS vs Capcom

Because watching someone's face when they see Flonne whip out either a life-size godzilla costume or a giant robot for the first time alone would be worth the price of the game.

Besides, NIS has a big enough cast for it, even if you take Disgaea out.
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

Uncharted X Tomb Raider would be pretty good and it's also kind of realistic.