All new Nintendo 2DS.

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Re: All new Nintendo 2DS.

Post by Rentu »

I know I made it donut. I'm not changing it. And you're lucky. It must be cool to have a parent who plays video games
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

dude if having parents that play video games is cool then im gonna be the coolest dad on the block.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Well, in my perspective, beating the crap out of your dad on SSBB sounds pretty entertaining to me, so yeah. BACK TO THE TOPIC OF NINTENDO 2DS! Are they going to make a special pikachu edition 2ds along with all the other special 3ds systems they made? Like the eevee and the X and Y ones?

chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Personally I love the design except who thought. It was a good idea. To put the buttons there like.

Why.

That looks so uncomfortable. But maybe it isn't. I'm worried about it not being able to flip so the screens might be damaged but if you have a case for it that might not be that big of an issue. I don't have a problem with this like I don't have to get it and use it so whatever.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

**** i posted on tumblr wrote: I don’t really see it as a way to scam people out of money or whatevs, Nintendo creating a more durable and cheaper alternative for children/lower income families/people who just don’t give a **** about the 3d function is pretty rad. (it still looks super silly though)
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

My main question is how do they get around the lack of a hinge being the only thing that gave room for shoulder buttons in all previous models? I can understand removing the hinge on account of hinges being the one thing Nintendium can't protect from irresponsible children.

Also, do you really need protection for screens made of Nintendium?

Personally, I think the perfect DS system would be as follows:
-3DS internals
-3DS XL form factor(or even a little bigger)
-No 3D
-Integrated Circle Pad Pro
-Reintroduction of the GBA slot.
-Available in an awesome purple color scheme
-Region Free

It will never happen, at least not officially, but it would still be awesome.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

^
I agree w/ you except for the 3D.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

They got rid of the clamshell format because the DS is more likely to snap that way. (That happened to one of my friend's DS' because her brother kept pulling the screen back too far, and once i dropped my DS as a kid and the top part of the system went all wiggly and annoying). It costs less to make so that slightly poorer families and children will be able to buy them. It's not really aimed at teens, a 2DS stops the eye problems that the 3D causes to younger children. Some people also get problems with the 3D off, due to there being 2 screens overlapping. Yeah the button placement is a bit silly... but I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't do that unless it was more comfortable.

All in all
Chocolate_Chao wrote:
**** i posted on tumblr wrote: I don’t really see it as a way to scam people out of money or whatevs, Nintendo creating a more durable and cheaper alternative for children/lower income families/people who just don’t give a **** about the 3d function is pretty rad. (it still looks super silly though)
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

It doesn't have a clamshell because there aren't two screens, just one screen. It doesn't have anything to do with the clamshell being more fragile. Nintendo was just cutting production costs. This also probably affects button placement. 3D was also removed to cut costs.
gonintendo wrote:Curiously, the 2DS is even more of a tablet-style system than it appears at first glance, as it actually features a single large screen in its center, not two separate ones. As one of their cost-cutting design measures, Nintendo reduced the number of screens in the system from two to one, and the appearance of separate screens is merely
simulated by the way the case masks out the extraneous portions. This means the entire screen is by necessity a touchscreen, with the upper screen protected by a layer of plastic that sits above it.

In other words, Nintendo is just breaking up the two screens with the plastic casing, then blocking the touch input on the top half by a covering.
A protective pouch is also included. They aren't cheating people, but they weren't trying to bring gaming to the little guy, just bag more customers who don't own a 3DS before the next-gen holiday storm while spending as little money as possible because handhelds are Nintendo's crutch every generation as their home consoles have never outsold the competition since the SNES, with the exception of the Wii. The Wii was an exception because it bagged the casual market, but Nintendo has lost that market to tablets and smartphones, which is why they're trying to get it back with this. For the most part only the Nintendo faithful are carrying the WiiU because casual gamers seek cheaper alternatives to consoles, which the 2DS is trying to be. It seems like Nintendo is trying to make a bad situation (home console being outsold by next-gen preorders and barely amassing existent casual audience) good, which isn't a bad thing at all as it doesn't seem to negatively impact its customers and inadvertently throws them a bone at the same time.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

Posted this on tumblr already but oh well.
Ok for all you people who actually defend the 2ds and think it’s SUCH A GOOD IDEA, let me explain to you why it’s NOT. First of all, look at it. It lacks the clamshell design and resembles an tablet on crack. “2DS,” JUST SET SOME FLIPPING PARENTAL CONTROLS ON YOUR KIDS’ 3DS. I know they made this thing for kids, but kids under 7 years old shouldn’t even play video games. As if I wasn’t frustrated enough with whiny brats on M rated games, but now I can’t go in public without seeing an 8 year old with an iphone in his hand, a ps vita in his backpack, and overpriced beats in their ears. I don’t even think parents care about what their children do in life, let alone look at what they’re buying for them. “At an affordable price of $130…” No. That’s only $40 savings, the price of an average game at launch. If you can pay 130 dollars for that piece of ****, why can’t you just buy your kid an actual 3ds? 1/3 of kids are already obese in america. I guarantee it’ll be 1/2 in 6 months, because gaming companies are acting like they actually need even MORE money by selling spoiled kids video games they shouldn’t be playing. My brother has been playing video games since he was 3, and whenever I’m on the xbox, he cries to mom and dad, and they kick me off. I’m sick of it. He failed kindergarden, and is currently taking it for the second time. Nintendo has had the most terrible idea in their lives. Kids cannot live without video games. It’s sad. Truly sad. Parents need to teach them that ESPECIALLY at their age, video games and such are not important at all. 30 years ago people had rarely anything like iPods to enjoy. They sat in front of a radio listening to it with their families. That’s basically an average kid’s definition of hell, since they can’t go ANYWHERE without electronics. Parents: RAISE YOUR GODDAMN KIDS RIGHT. God. I am ashamed of what America’s youth is turning out to be. Thank you Nintendo for spoiling little kids even more than they already are.
This is my opinion. You are all entitled to your opinions as well, but you must understand where I'm coming from. Acknowledge my opinion, and I'll acknowledge yours.
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

so what you're basically saying is "we didn't have these back in the old days"
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

^Somewhat but not my main point. I know most of us did play games at a young age, but now children are becoming addicted to them at such a young age, and it gets worse as they grow older.
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

So?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Link The Hedgehog wrote:*arsegument snipped due to size*
no seriously your argument/opinion is absolute dog arse

if you can even call it an argument or opinion

you got to 7 year olds shouldnt even play video games (????? there are games made specifically for kids that are old enough to watch shows like dora the explorer, which is at least 4 or 5 years old) and then went off on a tangent about how KIDS THESE DAYS SUCK URGH!!!!!! KIDS ARE GONNA BE FATTER BECAUSE A GAME CONSOLE WAS RELEASED (!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?? like seriously what the **** are you even saying with that part? since when does releasing a new video game system automatically make part of america fatter) MY BROTHER IS DUMB AND HAS TO TAKE KINDERGARTEN A SECOND TIME (which is not related to the new console release at all)!!!!!!!! OMG 8 YEAR OLD WITH A PHONE AND A PSP AND EARPHONES FOR MUSIC GOD HOW STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wow)

if you're gonna make a rant at least make sure it isnt nonsensical like come on
Link The Hedgehog wrote:This is my opinion. You are all entitled to your opinions as well, but you must understand where I'm coming from. Acknowledge my opinion, and I'll acknowledge yours.
you're entitled to your opinion but this opinion is rly bad
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

I love how everyone is so kind about this

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

I rest my case with Nova's statement. No one will ever stop me from playing video games. (Even though it wasn't directed at kids my age)
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

who said we have to be nice about it

especially when it's as half-arsed or nonsensical as his post
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Did you change your name in the last five seconds? I coulda sworn it was something that started with a g.

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Also, I re-read it and now I am frustrated. If you think my parents don't raise me well enough, you are sadly mistaking. I am an all A-B student in the top 20 grade score average. I played video games since Pre-School and I never had been left back a grade. I am healthy and I am not obese or skinny. So you better go back to your ******* Tumblr and change what you said because VIDEO GAMES SAVED MY LIFE FROM BECOMING ONE OF THOSE SWAGGERS/GANG MEMBERS/DRUG DEALERS THAT DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

and just because you dont HAVE to be nice doesnt mean you cant be...

Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Ok for all you people who actually defend the 2ds and think it’s SUCH A GOOD IDEA, let me explain to you why it’s NOT. First of all, look at it. It lacks the clamshell design and resembles an tablet on crack.
It is bad because it resembles a tablet? That is the purpose. Please read my earlier post where I explain how they cut the cost. There aren't two screens thus rendering the clamshell impossible.
If you can pay 130 dollars for that piece of ****, why can’t you just buy your kid an actual 3ds?
Are you out of touch with economics? For low income families, forty dollars can make or break their budget. I wish I lived in a world where beggars could be chosers. And if you were truly spoiling your kid, why stop at the cheapest model?
1/3 of kids are already obese in america. I guarantee it’ll be 1/2 in 6 months, because gaming companies are acting like they actually need even MORE money by selling spoiled kids video games they shouldn’t be playing.
Do you have any quantifiable evidence that gaming causes obesity? Even if there was a correlation, correlation does not equal causation. This is just a baseless statement.
Kids cannot live without video games. It’s sad. Truly sad. Parents need to teach them that ESPECIALLY at their age, video games and such are not important at all.
Teaching a child that video games aren't important and allowing them to play them aren't mutually exclusive, so I'm not sure what your point is here.
30 years ago people had rarely anything like iPods to enjoy. They sat in front of a radio listening to it with their families. That’s basically an average kid’s definition of hell, since they can’t go ANYWHERE without electronics. Parents: RAISE YOUR GODDAMN KIDS RIGHT. God. I am ashamed of what America’s youth is turning out to be.
Good parenting is plugging your ears to ignore that technology is now integral to society and denying your children the right to participate in that modern society? There isn't anything inherently wrong with enjoying technology. A spoiled child is a spoiled child whether it concerns technology or shoes.

It is accepted by certain scholars that playing video games grants certain benefits. For example:
2. Video games improve preschoolers' motor skills

Letting a 4-year-old sit in front of a TV with a game controller might not seem like the most productive use of her time. But researchers from Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia, would disagree. Their study examined the development of 53 preschool-aged children, and found that those who played "interactive games" had better "object control motor skills" than those who didn't. It's not clear, though, whether children with better-than-average motor skills tend to gravitate toward video games in the first place.
Source: http://theweek.com/article/index/241121 ... ideo-games

Many gamers in my age group (20+) grew up playing games when they were 7 and under. You'll find that we didn't suffer this degradation by video games that you speak of. I'm not sure how a new handheld suddenly upsets this dynamic.

Supporting opinions with personal anecdotes and hasty generalizations makes for uninformed opinions riddled with fallacies.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Ohhhh.

Ohhhhhhh sweet Jesus. I gotta tie my hair back for this one.

Pink just jumped into this nightmare, give her some time time to read your dribbles (I'm just kidding, no way in heck I'm sitting through this WHOLE discussion at 12 in the morning~♥). I know Batty's already given you your smack down but DANG IT. I haven't raged at anything besides grass deterioration in Animal Crossing in a good while. I freakin need this, brother.
Ok for all you people who actually defend the 2ds and think it’s SUCH A GOOD IDEA, let me explain to you why it’s NOT. First of all, look at it. It lacks the clamshell design and resembles an tablet on crack.
Why is everything a "[insert object] on crack" with you people when it's something you want to emphasize a like or hate for? You don't know what it's like to be on crack. Stop that. *sprays with water bottle*

It's not designed to fit in your pocket. This is to appeal to younger children who are madly in love with playing with tablets, hence it looks like a tablet. That doesn't make it a bad design. It makes it safe and not snap-in-half-able. So the kids can have their Nintendo toy and mom and dad can not worry about "oh god don't break it in half."
If you can pay 130 dollars for that piece of ****, why can’t you just buy your kid an actual 3ds?
Because this is cheaper and less breakable. Also it doesn't have the 3D which is not all that super fantastic for young, developing eyeballs, little padawan.
1/3 of kids are already obese in america. I guarantee it’ll be 1/2 in 6 months, because gaming companies are acting like they actually need even MORE money by selling spoiled kids video games they shouldn’t be playing.
Woah where did THIS soapbox come from? Get down from there before you hurt yourself.
Kids cannot live without video games. It’s sad. Truly sad. Parents need to teach them that ESPECIALLY at their age, video games and such are not important at all.
Jesus Christ someone get a net! A fall from that high might kill him!

Why don't YOU put down your controller, buddy. Take your own advice. Leave the keyboard for a little while, while you're at it. You go outside and play with some kids. How about you have your own kids when you're old enough (read: Age 25. Or not at all)! Then you can tell a parent how to parent!
30 years ago people had rarely anything like iPods to enjoy. They sat in front of a radio listening to it with their families. That’s basically an average kid’s definition of hell, since they can’t go ANYWHERE without electronics. Parents: RAISE YOUR GODDAMN KIDS RIGHT. God. I am ashamed of what America’s youth is turning out to be.
Again, produce your own offspring (or don't. Actually please dear god, don't breed. Especially not anytime soon.) and raise them for a while before you tell parents how to parent. You're 13 years old, get off that high horse kid. Go play your nintendo or whatever kids your age are doing these days. Learn to twerk. Did I say that right? Is it twerk? I don't understand the lingo these days.

Also if you have such a big problem with kids like electronic games, by all means get off your computer and go do something about it. Plan events. Start a movement. Thumping your internet bible of 'things I want to magically happen' isn't going to make you look like anything but a raving lunatic. In fact, throw your computer away! Be the example of what children should be! Go out and start a sports club or a LARP group. Certainly anything athletic would be no challenge for you, oh ye who is ashamed of America's couch potato behaviors!

Also what are you doing on a Video Game forum if video games are so evil to you?

Also have a youtube link! This gentleman also goes on a heated discussion over what he thinks of the 2DS. I think you'll enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmgeOwwtb4g
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Nano
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Motto: My kickstarter failed, but that's okay!

Post by Nano »

How come nobody important analyses what I say?

It's not fair.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

While I don't doubt Video Games replacing backyard and playground sports as a dominant activity for young people has contributed to the rise of childhood obesity and there are plenty of genetic donors who would rather distract their children with whatever electronic device shuts them up instead of actually being parents, its a hasty generalization to assume that every child with a gaming device is a lazy couch potato and/or the offspring of someone unworthy of being called a parent. There is a little something called moderation, and with proper application, it can prevent many of the negative side-effects of gaming.

I haven't played a video game since October, and this is undoubtedly the longest I have gone without playing in the last 17 years. I graduated second in my class when I finished high school, and that was with staying upto midnight when I had school the next morning playing on my GBASP on a regular basis. I have pulled more all-nighters playing adictive video games than I have doing school work, yet I am still a decorated alumnus of my Community College's Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, and many of the smartest people I know, both in real-life and via the Internet are avid gamers. Not saying that video games are inherently good, but they certaintly aren't inherently bad.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

link don't forget
GTA IS MAKING KIDS VIOLENT AND THEY DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GAME AND REAL LIFE