HL3/LFD3 LEAK, NOT A DRILL

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

HL3/LFD3 LEAK, NOT A DRILL

Post by Goat »

retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: HL3/LFD3 LEAK, NOT A DRILL

Post by retrolinkx »

Heh, LFD3.

There's a side of me that doesn't want Half Life 3 to come out. It's just a nice time period to be in and once it comes out. We'll be in a different period of gaming really.

Although, that special that would take advantage of the Day/Night system in L4D3 sounds really cool. I hope levels could revolve around a Day Night system as well. Maybe with a timer so that if you get to a location while it's day time, you could meet a survivor who could help you do a crescendo event, but if you get there late then the crescendo is much harder and requires you to split from the group to achieve it.

It could lead to some really interesting takes on maps. Which several ways to complete maps and dozens of ways to complete campaigns overall.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: HL3/LFD3 LEAK, NOT A DRILL

Post by Rajikaru »

This is all really interesting and exciting, but I can't help but feel like the people over on the r/games subreddit are right (at the time HL3 was pretty much deconfirmed).

It's arguably better for HL3 to not come out. Will all these years of build up and excitement around the game and how long it's taken to see the light of the day, the game itself has an incredibly high chance of failing to meet the standards of the consumer base. Unless it's an amazing 10/10 GOTY candidate (which wouldn't be impossible considering Valve's track record, especially with games that have spent years in production like TF2), it's going to not live up to expectations and disappoint users.

L4D3 is just plain exciting. Hopefully it'll be better than L4D2, which is an ok game in its own right, but the original L4D did so many things better and was overall the more enjoyable of the two. Also the multiplayer VS wasn't absolutely ******** in L4D1.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa