Young Conker

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Young Conker

Post by Goat »

Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Re: Young Conker

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Honestly, I expected nothing more.

HoloLens is Kinect all over again.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Geez.

That design they came up with is really awful. Since this is apparently a young Conker, I assume they were trying to make something cute, but... Honestly, it just looks plain ugly. Normal Conker already has a cute design, so how did they mess this up so badly?

I'm not even a fan of Conker (I don't like the inappropriate humor in BFD), but dang...

As for the whole HoloLens thing itself, I don't really know what to say about that, since I still can't get over how hideous the character design is.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i don't know what i'll do if a dusty platforming relic from when i was a kid doesn't come back

that said yeah i'm seeing nothing about vr or hololens tech that says "wow, there is a huge market for this." it has the same intrinsic value a wii u does to me--none
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

He looks like a ****** food fight character.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Redesigns that are unneeded, strange looking gameplay not being made by Nintendo (which means there's a higher chance of it falling even more on it's face.), on an expensive system, that requires a
(probably) extremely expensive add-on that nobody want and doesn't come with it. YEP. THESE ARE THE BEST CHOICES ANY COMPANY COULD MAKE. I CAN SEE THE SALES.

Also, wouldn't this give you like, 1 to 4 levels worth of gameplay? I don't think anyone's gonna go outside with that thing. I also can't wait for someone to complain about the difficulty... Of their own home.
Empty/super clean house? Too easy. Cluttered house? Too hard. How do you even make the levels harder on the developer's end?
Batty wrote:i don't know what i'll do if a dusty platforming relic from when i was a kid doesn't come back
Except, if they weren't going to do anything useful with him, they could have just left him dead. This is worse.
CitrusCat wrote:That design they came up with is really awful. Since this is apparently a young Conker, I assume they were trying to make something cute, but... Honestly, it just looks plain ugly. Normal Conker already has a cute design, so how did they mess this up so badly?
By trying to change it at all. Conker looks like one of those characters, that the only way to properly redesign him is to do give him a red jacket instead or something.
There was a Conker game before Bad Fur, and Conker had nothing to do with all that "ina-pro-pro" stuff. Same design, everything was fine. Well, probably, I've never played Conker (or intend to).
At least his design wasn't 7 different levels of wrong.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Ooh! Ooh!

Let's take Conker, talk about how beloved of a character he is, then remove every aspect about him that made him beloved in the first place!
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

^
Only on Windows 10
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'm with Batty on this one. Until the tech reaches a point it can compensate for faulty hardware on the human side of the man-machine interface, VR does very little for me.

Also, since when was Conker a beloved Character? I thought Bad Fur Day was the most poorly received game produced by Nintendo-era Rare. This isn't Banjo or Kazooie we're talking about.

Also, when hasn't Microsoft **** all over the IPs they gained in the Rare buyout? Or made questionable decisions regarding marketing and utilization of hardware peripherals?
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Reviewers don't decide whether or not a character is loved by people
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

but they are a good check on melodramatic gamers when you want something objective and not more mass whining about irrelevant niche ips

CBF though was actually by some act of sky daddy critically acclaimed for... basically doing what BK already did, with teenage boy humor novelty, and sold terribly because nintendo wanted to acknowledge it as little as possible, so advertising was almost nonexistent, and some game stores and rental places with a family image wouldn't even carry it; it also released during the n64's death. only reason i even played it was because when i was a younger girl my town had a local rental place.

so while conker has a cult following from some millennials and probably more so whoever the remake grabbed, calling him beloved is a stretch and probably stems from collective gamer consciousness who confuse historical value and nostalgia with actual objective merit in contemporary times.

sure, it'd be cool if there was a sequel but i'm not convinced nostalgia is enough to sell it. conker broke some of that "games are for kids mold" but now an older audience are most game's target so it'd really only grab those adults who like platformers... and the market is about to get a wave of similar nostalgia fueled platform games. i think they missed their opportunity even if it wasn't... whatever this is
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Right, because reviewers shun any attempts at bribery sent their way.

Where would we be without such bright minds colluding with each other with private groups that span multiple websites

It does seem like Conker is going the way of Fallout when it comes to the market base they're trying to attract. I.E. people who know nothing about the game itself and are more interested in treating it like fashion
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

When I said poorly recieved, I was referring to its abysmal sales with no idea how it did in reviews.

Also, the only game I've played featuring Conker was Diddy Kong Racing, and I can't remember ever using him(Pipsy was my main pretty much from day 1).
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

I'm good at editing.