Mighty No. 9 May Be Delayed Again

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Mighty No. 9 May Be Delayed Again

Post by KeatonLabs »

Despite the original release date being last year, Might No. 9 been plagued by delays to the games release, and despite Inafune saying the last on delay would be the last one, promotional material at the retailer EB games was spotted to list the game at a Summer 2016 release. Comcept has not yet stated whether this is true or not.

I'm hoping this isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised.

My hope for this game died anyways
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Re: Mighty No. 9 May Be Delayed Again

Post by Goat »

INAFUNE MADE LEGENDS 3 JUST SO IT COULD DIE AND HE COULD LOOK LIKE A HERO TO GET THIS FUNDED

MY ANGER has broken the caps lock button, i cannot stress enough that the man himself is not the megaman daddy as he passes himself around to be. the only thing he did for the series was create zero, that's not enough to pass yourself around as the shigeru miyamoto of megaman.

megaman cannot rest in peace while this man keeps playing this game of delay
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Goat wrote:the only thing he did for the series was create zero, that's not enough to pass yourself around as the shigeru miyamoto of megaman.
He also created megaman.exe, cutman.exe, sheepman.exe, Toxic Megaman, Cyber-Wily...

You know what. I won't even make a joke about this. Might No. 9 looks like a swell game. Take Mother 4. I remember the release date was once "Winter 2014", and it still isn't released today. Their reason? They want to make it better. Same thing applies here. They want to make this game the best it can be. We don't want it to turn out like that game from ten years ago, do we?
Spoiler:
Do we?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

You can't compare Mother 4, a fangame made entirely out of a love of the Mother series without any financial support, with a game that was successfully kickstarted, what, 4 years ago at this point? and has released some of the most depressing gameplay previews ever seen, with incredibly poor animation and awful texturing, among a myriad of other problems. Millions of people backed this game with the hopes that it'd be out before they die from old ge, and that doesn't seem very likely.

Also, to be far, if the "possible" delay is until Summer 2016, we've pretty much already reached that point. It's May, College semesters are officially over, it's for all intents and purposes the summer season. Inafune dun gone went right ****** himself.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

yeah i'm starting to see capcom probably made a good decision shuttering mml3 and letting him go

other than that i have a signature edition of mighty no. 9 preordered, and because i didn't really care about any of the controversy it's gone through, i've just left it preordered. i mean it's inspired by a 90s relic so my expectations were always tempered low, and there's many games throughout this summer alone i'll be buying so idk if it affects me at all

still it's pretty embarrassing and super annoying how poorly he is handling this project, and there is no way he could recover from a pr standpoint unless the game blows everyone away after four delays... it won't
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Unless this is EB Games in Australia. In which Summer 2016 = Winter 2016 in the northern hemisphere
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Batty wrote: i mean it's inspired by a 90s relic so my expectations were always tempered low, and there's many games throughout this summer alone i'll be buying so idk if it affects me at all

90's relic my ass, Megaman is a classic and timeless series for people with amazing taste.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

by this point inafune is just stabbing himself hoping that he'll bleed money
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

do people with amazing taste also use spongebob reaction images though, you gotta teach me this stuff

because i mean mm2, 3, 4 are solid games but mm1 aged badly and 5-6 didn't do anything for me 1-4 didn't or improve gameplay in any meaningful way--i mean 8 (my favorite after 3) was probably the most inspired post-4 and it wasn't great at all, it wasn't until mmx changed it for the better but dropped the ball after 4. i like mmz and zx a lot though but zx isn't remotely memorable and zero was just more fun than the later x games. i just think 20-30 somethings like to cling to burn out franchises from childhood because it makes us feel like time didn't happen, i mean isn't that how nintendo sells games for instance

i liked battle network but that is a totally different design philosophy

i still like mm but even ratchet and clank or rayman is probably a stronger series overall in terms of consistently being great. i mean pretend the original series design philosophy was replicated today, i guarantee that because psychology says your first experience with something always leaves the biggest memory imprint, you'd not be as impressed (mm9, 10, mighty no 9), because even shovel knight felt modern. yeah mn9 has a twist but clearly a carbon copy of a dev stuck in 1993 has little place in 2016. other developers have managed to adapt while still preserving homage to retro, all i'm seeing is a dressed up game i played when i was a little kid, and replaying them pretty recently, i definitely don't miss the 90s or anything replicating them

so yeah i'm sticking with relic, how good it was for it's time aside, my fangirlness for the series aside, it's really no wonder capcom gave up after trying a tepidly received 9 and 10 and sad support for mml3 outside the diehard fans
Television romance "
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Why does what you say sound like what Arin Hanson said in regards to the old megaman and X? If ya don't like jump and shoot man....well we're in the perfect place to pugilize. If I must break it down, I will breakdown.

1 - Remains unique, difficult, but you can get past it if you're playing at your best. I mean you'd have to do better than that if you want to say it aged badly.
5 - You win this one, it's good but I can't remember anything new
6 - Literally ADDED THE RUSH ARMOR
7 - You forgot it
9-10
ZX - Let me just take me and my biometals ELSEWHERE

It has a formula that's meant to be built upon, and as for returning to retro. You can get back to me on that when we don't have Steam filled with legions of indie pixel trash filled with people like Phil Fish thinking they're saving our industry when in reality they're diluting how game design went in the past. We have some exceptions to the rule and I know and accept who they are, but for a per monthly basis the market isn't filled with those kinds of developers either. So maybe I have come to expect something out of playing those good indie games, something that left me unimpressed with their market and how easily stereotyped it's turned into. Is that indie?

What's happened to megaman is unforgivable, but in no ways is it deserving of the title relic just because the series couldn't keep going and got its head cut off by Capcom.

As for the duckling imprint, my first game Jazz the Jackrabbit. I came back to that and can accept the flaws it had but find myself at a loss trying to replay it in it's full version.

Between Ratchet and Rayman, having played both I will say that comparisons between all three can only be fair in regards to Ratchet and Rayman even remotely when you consider megaman remained a 2d platformer for most of it's life. (I'd have to give it to Ratchet and Clank for gameplay and Rayman for atmosphere)

So really, what should 20-30 year olds want? The trash from AAA? The trash from indie? Some of us in more productive places are busy making our ideal whether our entire group may or may not entirely agree with it. But simply wanting a return to old done with more experienced teams and polished games does not make a company run with a Nintendo mindset. In fact, they churn out some really good games albeit we ARE getting tired of it. But that put to the side, where do you think all the support and viewers for the Ratchet and Clank reboot are coming from, the 30-40 demographic?
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Batty wrote:
so yeah i'm sticking with relic, how good it was for it's time aside, my fangirlness for the series aside, it's really no wonder capcom gave up after trying a tepidly received 9 and 10 and sad support for mml3 outside the diehard fans
Are we ignoring the fact that those games were generally received fairly well? They even just asked if fans would want a mega man 11 :v
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

@goat: you ok there? wasn't trying to insult you :c i'm comfortable with relic and i'll explain why by addressing keaton because you kinda had a bunch of tangents but yeah i don't struggle with mm1 it's pretty easy, just outdated and isn't anywhere near 3s quality; um you really feel the rush armor was something to commemorate? ok i guess;
It has a formula that's meant to be built upon
i know and i'm still waiting hopefully;
So really, what should 20-30 year olds want? The trash from AAA? The trash from indie?
i mean probably to realize the industry should move ahead but i'm a tough woman to please. also what games are you even playing because i've experienced nothing that dramatic

also the ratchet fanbase is divided between 'original is better' and it's really good or total disinterest and the movie wasn't good. i expected way more from my favorite franchise and got 10 hours of 2002 with nexus mechanics, didn't top a crack in time

@keaton: generally received fairly well would be tepid yeah, but at the time it came it was the same old megaman and the general consensus was that it didn't meet the quality of older games and level design left some to be desired but if you liked mm it was fun

would you really say mm 9 or 10 has made any meaningful impact on the series because it literally admitted defeat by jumping back 15 years and pandering to nostalgic gamers like myself and if anything it took steps backwards. recently there has been greater appreciation for them, but relics can also be adored. if you think by me calling it a relic i'm trashing the series you'd be mistaken, i even liked 10 and most the series, but could you say with confidence that a mm11 would make waves outside it's fanbase? could it outdo the crowded market of small scale/indie 2D action games, some that are better than some original mm games? i'm skeptical it'll ever be more than nostalgia at this point and i want more for it. i'll still be buying them... at a good discount ofc

why would i expect mn9 to rock the industry when it's predecessor hasn't truly in years? does that make more sense?

now releasing the legacy collection was a very good move, but if they think 11 can be business as usual idk what mm's future is. if a hypothetical 11 totally outshined everything coming this year somehow sure i'll kiss frogs. i mean idk what else to say that's all i got, maybe i'm just being arbitrary but i think while the series is fun it's significance waned too much to make inroads now

but yeah idk i'm sure everything has a chance??
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Megaman's one of a few sore subjects that'll rattle my chains
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

i understand, basically i always hope for a revival but i have doubts because while i'm not talking about changing it into something unrecognizable i don't think doing more nes clones or trying to be like before is really gonna cut it for me is all

so when it comes to mighty no 9 i just expected more of that half hearted midlife crisis revival some developers attempt, trying to recreate a memory you have of experiencing something years ago instead of taking it above and beyond or grabbing for industry space that isn't really there as the ip is
Television romance "
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »