Unpopular Vidya Opinions

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Re: Unpopular Vidya Opinions

Post by wic. »

On the topic of esports, particularly league which is my game of choice, I think they're really dumb. I don't get it at all. I don't understand why people follow it or why they care, same with normal sports.

I also hate, with league, how much of a herd mentality people have. Like, I noticed that all of a sudden people were playing Xin hell of a lot more than usual, so I asked around and asked why and it turns out some YouTuber said he was super OP in solo queue. And half these kids can't play the character at all.

It's just such a sheeple mentality, I've never been compelled to play a champ I was told was OP, only ones I like or have fun with
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

• I actually really like the object Pokemon, like Klinklang, Chandelure, etc.
• I find Melee tournaments very boring to watch tbqh. I can at least understand why people enjoy playing it competitively due to the high speed gameplay, but I just find it super boring to watch. I'll even watch 64 over Melee. :/ (Though I'll still watch Melee over Brawl.)
• Birthright's story < Conquest's story (although both stories weren't really all that good tbh)
• Mega Man 3 is starting to become even more overrated than Mega Man 2.
- space for rent -
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

I find Mega Man 3 exceedingly hard to play, not because of the difficulty, but just because of how much it drags on and on and on. The level design isn't particularly interesting either, compared to 1 and 2. Still a good game, but damn.
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

MM3 is also surprisingly buggy (i.e. the weird Rush Jet screen hitbox issues, and the P2 controller debug shenanigans that are still left intact in the NA release), likely on account of it being rushed, and I don't really like the majority of the weapons in it. For the most part, they're either bland [in my opinion] (Needle Cannon, Hard Knuckle), unwieldy (Search Snake, Top Spin, Gemini Laser), or just outright useless (Spark Shock). The fact that you can't pause when a projectile is on the screen really hurts, too (and it's really annoying with the Gemini Laser in particular, since if you miss it in an enclosed area, you have to wait until it stops bouncing all around the screen and vanishes before you can even pause to switch weapons or even use an E-Tank if you're low on health). It also has a couple bosses that are just flat-out unfun to face (looking at you, Doc Robot versions of Quick Man and Wood Man).

I mean, I do still like the game as well, but it's honestly on the lower scale when I list my favorite-to-least-favorite Mega Man games. It does have some of my favorite songs in the Classic series, though, only behind Mega Man 9, so I'll also give it that.
- space for rent -