The Hotline Miami Topic

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

The Hotline Miami Topic

Post by Goat »

This is the kind of game Jack Thompson lost his license for and not a decade later Gaming Journalists and Feminists lost their minds over.

Hotline Miami, one and two, are an Adrenaline Rush from start to finish. At best you only take two hits as you must fight against the Russian Mob, the Columbian Mob, the USSR in Hawaii, but the game does mostly wind up taking place in Miami.

But the story proper itself? Why should that be my job to tell you, youtube exists if you want to just treat this like a movie. Steam exists if you want to pay up, and a lot more services exist if you happen to live in Australia where something like this is especially looked down upon enough to warrant that nanny country to ban it there.

wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Re: The Hotline Miami Topic

Post by wic. »

Hotline Miami is truly great, I've played the first through but haven't touched the second yet. I usually hate trial and error games, but Hotline Miami is just so fast paced and hectic that I love it. And the soundtrack and visuals are A++
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Re: The Hotline Miami Topic

Post by Goat »

The important part is that yes, it is very trial and error but the window for mistakes is something you wind up learning from and because of that you tend to get sharper each time you wind up dying. You get a very fulfilling and rewarding sense of accomplishment by the time you leave a building.