The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server! [Server is still on hiatus. Will keep y'all posted!]

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server! [Server is still on hiatus. Will keep y'all posted!]

Post by CasualCollision »

After some positive feedback, I have put together a server that includes the old CI world that was hosted by Lunar X Diviner VII, the Abandoned Variant, and a completely clean regeneration of the island! The server's theme is time, and you'll be able to travel forward or back in time! Well, kind of. It's not seamless, and you only have three time periods to choose from; labeled imaginatively, the past, the present, and the future. If you've ever played Chrono Trigger or Sonic CD, it's a little bit like that. The server might still have a few quirks that need to be ironed out, but overall, it's pretty stable. You will need to be playing on Release 1.8.8. The server is now being hosted by BisectHosting.com, and is being paid for and managed by BlackLuigi7. Special thanks to them.

The Rules are fairly simple, and I doubt need any explanation.
- Don't be a dick.
- Use common sense.
- Do not grief. That is a good way to get banned.
- Do not PvP without the other person's permission.
- Don't cuss like a sailor. Try to keep it PG13. Mild language is allowed, limit strong language to one or two words a day.
- Report any cutaways in the world generation you come across so that the staff can smooth it out.
- Build any run-down looking buildings in the future at your own risk. This might cause a player to think it's part of the default buildings and modify or demolish it. No disciplinary action will be taken in this scenario of misunderstanding.
- Listen to the Staff
- As an extension to the rule above, if you ask a staff member for creative and they say no, they mean no.
- If you are given creative mode, do not build on, over, or under the island in the past. This space is dedicated to survival mode. Off the coast and any other unclaimed space is allowed. On top of that, no creative is allowed in the future. Remember, having creative is a privilege, not a right.

FAQ:

Is the server cracked?
No, not that I'm even sure if this is even a thing anymore. As long as anyone isn't able to log in under any username, we'll be fine.

Why did you make another thread?
Because the original thread was originally intended to simply show off the world edits to the world done by me and JmTsHaW. Technically, we kind of went a little bit off topic... just a little though.

What game mode is this server?
The server is now a hybrid between survival and creative, much like it used to be. The staff are entitled to creative and World Edit. Creative can be given to players who are well behaved and ask nicely, but a world dedicated to creative mode for all players may make a return! If you are given creative, keep in mind that traveling to a different time period will reset your game mode!

What is there to do on this server?
By default, you can do all the things you can do in regular survival Minecraft, with the added benefits of a few plugins, like Lockette and Ultimate Core.

How can I play survival on the island with all these buildings in the way?
Alas, the island in the present is a bit full, I agree. That is where the past and the future comes in. There is plenty of room for building in the past, and you're allowed to restore, colonize, or even demolish any run-down buildings in the future, even if you're not the original owner. You can also simply sail off the island in any of the three time periods.

How do I get to the past or the future?
The portal to the past is just to your left when you first spawn in the present. To get to the future, head north until you reach the city of Aestuo. There, you will find a nether portal on the right side of the city.

What if I get griefed?
Notify an admin, and we'll get it sorted out. The CoreProtect plugin allows up to roll back any damage as well as find out who was the one who broke the blocks to begin with. The perpetrator will be punished accordingly. If none of the staff is on, your best bet is use the /msg command. Be sure to provide the time period, coordinates, and when was the last time you saw your creation intact.

Having to ask for creative is kind of annoying. Can't I just do it myself?
By default, no. However, if you are active, well behaved, good at building, and are interested in helping with any sort of project that part of the staff might be doing, then you might be eligible for the Builder rank! This rank has its perks, as you aren't necessarily limited to helping the staff build. Keep in mind however that all rules regarding creative still apply. If you think you are eligible, simply ask, or better yet, a staff member might even approach you!

What is the server run on, and what plugins does it use?
The server runs on CraftBukkit. The plugins are as follows:
Spoiler:
Admin Fun
Core Protect
Lockette
Multiverse Core
Multiverse Sign Portals
PermissionsEx
Simple Rename
Ultimate Core
World Edit
World Guard
Now, with all that out of the way, here's the server info:
23.94.159.27:25565

Have fun, and enjoy!
Last edited by CasualCollision on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:50 am, edited 8 times in total.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Re: The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server!

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Wooo~

I actually still have some old optifine shaders, so the server looks really fantastic~
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server! [Online indefinitely]

Post by Pumpkinium »

ES GOOD LADS

one question, wheres mob disguise? i dont see commands for it
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

It hasn't been implemented yet. It might in the near future.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

So, there's some guy called "HerobrineYTgames" who's trying to gain staff and exploit server vulnerabilities right now. It's bothering me and distracting me from masterminding a glass empire.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Pufflehugs wrote:So, there's some guy called "HerobrineYTgames" who's trying to gain staff and exploit server vulnerabilities right now. It's bothering me and distracting me from masterminding a glass empire.
I've banned him for now.
We don't really need someone running around trying to exploit. Doesn't make for a fun experience.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

Accidentally crashed the server spawning a single sheet of stone using world edit over a volcano I made in attempt to test sand. Looks like I won't be testing the sand.
help me
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Pumpkinium wrote:Accidentally crashed the server spawning a single sheet of stone using world edit over a volcano I made in attempt to test sand. Looks like I won't be testing the sand.
I put it back up. Why were you trying to test sand? :heroblink:
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

I was trying to make a volcano, and I wanted to make it taller an easy way, so I simply wanted to try and use sand for that. I was testing with the stone sheet before the sand to see how laggy it'd be.
help me
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

sorry to double post but i found something regarding mob disguise

the original mob disguise hasnt been updated since like 2012 but theres pretty much the same exact plugin but updated A LOT more recently here: https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/idisguise/
help me
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

SOMEONE KILLED THE PIGS THAT WERE IN MY ROOM

WHO DOES THAT

my room in the corner of my HOUSE WHO GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO murder my pigs i'm watchin u peoples

except Uni, Uni is clean
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I tried to steal a faraway Desert Temple with Worldedit and forgot to set //pos2 before copying.

The server crashed trying to copy probably over a billion blocks and now I feel bad about it.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

JmTsHaW wrote:I tried to steal a faraway Desert Temple with Worldedit and forgot to set //pos2 before copying.

The server crashed trying to copy probably over a billion blocks and now I feel bad about it.
I put it back online again.

I'd appreciate it if you guys stopped playing with worldedit and such on a massive scale for a little bit, at least unless Casual or I are online. I imagine everyone using it might be what's causing the bit of lag, on top of the fact that it being down for hours on end isn't exactly fair to the people who play in the past, which is survival-only.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

reporting a problem.

i believe the dimensions plugin is causing a conflict and, long story short, no one can make a working nether portal. you simply step in and dont go anywhere. probably need to make portals at spawn that lead to a generated nether.
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

That's really weird. They worked just fine on the test run server. I don't know what could possibly be causing that. The-Past_nether is imported and everything.

Anyway, I made a temporary fix.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

whoever revoked my ability to give op and completely took away wolf's (ayunoi/owo on the server) op please step to the front of the line. we are working on a secret underground dungeon and taking away wolf's op makes it a lot harder. i dont op people if i dont know them well enough to understand if i can trust them. this is completely uncalled for if it was done intentionally since no one has abused their powers yet besides underestimating world edit capability on accident.
help me
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Pumpkinium wrote:whoever revoked my ability to give op and completely took away wolf's (ayunoi/owo on the server) op please step to the front of the line. we are working on a secret underground dungeon and taking away wolf's op makes it a lot harder. i dont op people if i dont know them well enough to understand if i can trust them. this is completely uncalled for if it was done intentionally since no one has abused their powers yet besides underestimating world edit capability on accident.
Casual and I talked with each other, and we decided that only we should be able to OP players so that we /know/ who has moderator powers.
I'm sorry you feel this is out of line, but that's what we decided on. We'll gladly give someone creative or powers as needed.

Right now we're currently trying to set up everything. Currently the server is having a lot of lag problems, and it's definitely NOT the server hosts' fault, because I've successfully ran a cheaper server for a long time with zero lag issues. It's a bit of work, and we'd like to sort that out without having to worry about any other problems arising. This is partly why I asked for people to stop using worldedit commands.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

could someone allow command blocks in the server config? only ops would have them cuz only ops can use /give and i want to use them to make some cool trix in a dungeon
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Done. I don't think they'll be enabled until the next time the server is reset though. If it ends up causing trouble though, I'm going to have to disable it again.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

BTW casualCollision, I found out that I accidentally left my Minecraft Account open on the PC. My sister went onto the server and broke into your house. It won't happen again.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Re: The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server! [Rules and FAQ have been updated]

Post by Pufflehugs »

What CLOD thought of disabling the /back command!?
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Re: The Chao Island Time Travel Minecraft Server! [Rules and FAQ have been updated]

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Ya'll are entitled with these quality of life plug-ins.

Back in my day, the only way to teleport was dying. We died uphill both ways and we liked it that way.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Just FYI, the /back command is enabled again. I disabled it because I was having trouble with its permissions. After further evaluation though, I realized that it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Triert thought it would be funny to screw with my Soup Hotel.
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Post by Skonia »

yo that new account named "beware" that joined ci sent our other account (Pumpkinium) a pm saying nacho, triert, and eboy were trying to get us/uni in trouble without any details regarding to what or why. while this doesn't really seem to be related to the mc server, i thought i should mention it here because all 3 of the people mentioned do play minecraft, at least nacho and triert do, so i feel like that might be related. it's still a red flag, i talked to nacho and she doesn't know anything about who did it and that she isn't trying to get anyone in trouble, so i suggest just keeping a bit of a watch on the server in case anyone wants to try any funny business.

i wish we could live on ci for 5 seconds without someone going around and making people PARANOID.
y'all...
Image Image Image