Nintendo Switch (aka NX) finally teased!

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Nintendo Switch (aka NX) finally teased!

Post by Rajikaru »

But Aidan, if you pay for online, you also get to play a free SNES game every month*!

* Only for the month, and when the next month comes, you can't play it anymore
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

NISA's recent announcement that Disgaea 5 is getting a Switch port due out Spring 17 alone would be enough for me to pick one up at or soon after launch, and this is already sounding like a decent replacement to the 3DS and PSVita as far as dedicated gaming handhelds go, and it would be nice to be able to play all of Nintendo's first and second party franchises without being chained to a television for a change(and unlike the WiiU, playing without the tv isn't limited to certain games).

Of course, that's all rendered moot by me being blind. Still, if I was among the sighted, this is easily the most appealing piece of dedicated gaming hardware at the moment.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I'm ambivalent over it.

-Mario Odyssey looks interesting, and Zelda is fun. Marginally interested in those two.
-Xenoblade 2 would be exciting for me but I didn't play X since I didn't have enough reason to bother shelling out for a Wii U. Don't care about Splatoon or Fire Emblem.
-I can't be mad at them for paid online on its own considering that its competitors do the exact same thing, but the deal they offer is so... pathetic. They could afford to throw old titles at us all the time and they wouldn't run out.
-The gimmicks aren't something I'm thinking too much about, the console wouldn't leave the room it's in anyway. I'm sure as heck not taking my Switch onto a bloody bus with me or anything of the sort.

Overall, the launch titles leave me feeling generally tepid, the business decisions make me laugh really hard, and all this confirms there is 0% chance I'm picking up one of these at launch. I'm going to wait to see if it goes the way of the Wii U. Consequently, as with the Wii U, likely the only game that would excite me enough to want to buy it and experience the other games on the platform is a new Metroid, which we probably won't get. I used to be enamoured with Nintendo and I grew up with them, but man... at this point I'm just kind-of apathetic to their releases outside of the occasional one I may pick up. The best stuff I get from them nowadays is enjoying watching their business decisions with a certain schadenfreude-tinged level of amusement. Everyone loves a good train wreck, after all.
Rox64
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's OK

Post by Rox64 »

Nano wrote:Paying online pretty much sealed the deal that I'm not buying it.
This. A thousand times, this.
I already payed for the stupid game, why are you trying to yank more money out of me?
Because Roxes 1-62 died from failure to absorb the correct levels of sarcasm and weirdness.
Don't ask about Rox63. Just don't.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Introducing 1-2 Switch, it slices, it dices, it fits inside ANY tackle box and... Well, I can't begin to describe what this one is.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

1-2 switch should be a 5 dollar game, nintendo has to be joking

it's like one those games you get to convince yourself a nintendo console actually has a library
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Nefault1st
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Nefault1st »

Mario Odyssey was pretty much the only game that really grabbed my attention. I did appreciate Arms though. Based on the things we've learned, I won't be picking up the system. The features are cool, but I'd have to see more games before I'd consider buying it.
As for 1-2-Switch, $50 is a joke to me...I honestly expected it to be packed with the system. For what it's worth (imo) it should've been at least $10.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In all fairness, would a physical copy of 1 2 Switch have been any more reasonably priced had it been a PS4 or Xbone exclusive? Not saying 50USD isn't highway robbery, but it's hardly Nintendo's fault that price differentiation isn't common practice for new, physical console releases(to the best of my knowledge, we haven't had price differentiation on new games since the cart days, and back then, the differentiation was usually in the form of carts with on-board coprocessors or unusually large roms costing extra. E.g. the original Star Fox retailed for 70USD at one point thanks to being the first SuperFX game).

Nintendo has done things worthy of criticism, but some of the things the Switch has been bashed for strike me less as Nintendo Problems and more as problems with the Console industry in general.

I won't be buying a Switch since I won't be able to play it, but to be completely honest, if my vision was miraculously restored, A Switch would probably be my next hardware purchase, if only because I have a 3DS I can dust off for Smash Brothers and the Switch is getting ports/sequels to several of the WiiU's best games. Nothing on Xbone has convinced me to end my boycott of Microsoft, and as much as people call the Vita a failure, it has a larger backlog of games I'm interested in than the PS4. Plus, once it hits, the Switch will displace the Vita as the most capable mainstream gaming handheld that has actual buttons.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

something as mediocre and laughable as 1-2 Switch wouldn't even be a ps4/xb1 exclusive. there are average games on those consoles, but nintendo is a whole other level of incompetent, and objectively speaking, when we ps4 owners want to amuse our family members with a stupid two hour experience ad nauseam, we buy a psvr.

even knack, literally knack and killzone that nobody cared about were more engaging overpriced launch games
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "