A Hat in Time

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Re: A Hat in Time

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Yooka Laylee didn't fail tho, it was actually overall a mega faithful product and has had active patching and community support, with the last patch being released today including an improved camera mode, the option to skip cutscenes/dialogue, and tons of improvements.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Re: A Hat in Time

Post by Lamby »

it didn't fail, but it wasn't the imaginary rose tinted version some people dreamed up. people asked for a successor to BK and a design philosophy from that era. that is exactly what they got. i had fun with it personally. it doesn't blow you away maybe, sure, but i don't think it was supposed to. there was fan demand and they adhered to it

i'll probably play hat. i'm sure people have unrealistic expectations about it too. and more 30 year old geeks will cry about industry death or whatever
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "