Chao Adventures

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Post Reply
User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Chao Adventures

Post by chaoadventures » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 am

4 years ago I said I'd do it.

Image

Soon.

Here's to hoping you guys enjoy this series. /decide to give it any attention in the slightest

Notes for the potentially interested:
Spoiler:
- It's not an animated cartoon anymore, it's a comic. Sorry to disappoint, 2013. Or not, depending on your expectations of a 11 year old's work ethic and animating/drawing/voice acting skills.

- This isn't actually the story I originally intended or worked on passively for 5 years. Which was 80% trash and 20% great.
  • - In fact, very few of the characters (whether I revealed them or not) still exist at all, or barely retain their role.
    - I'd say development of this rendition summed up looks like this.
- Super powers aren't part of Chao Adventures anymore. I felt like the origin story I gave their powers and even the powers themselves, hindered the series.
- ★ New!★ - And no more Chaos Emeralds. Everything feels less cliche, because I finally found "what else".

- The logo is subject to change, either for a slight quality upgrade or a design change. Here's the old one. Hopefully the new one is slick enough.

- I'm aiming for a very close release date of -SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK- but I don't know if I'll actually hit it or not.
- Haha, I didn't. At all. In the slightest.
Last edited by chaoadventures on Tue May 30, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Nano
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 12249
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 am
Motto: My kickstarter failed, but that's okay!
Location: Union of Chaoviet Socialist Republics

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by Nano » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm

You know what?

I'll take it.
Image

User avatar
eblu
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:28 pm
Motto: 2
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by eblu » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:29 am

will brooke be playable and i'm still open for some sweet water-affiliated action if you're still missing one hmu

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by chaoadventures » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 am

In short,

I failed to finish even the first page by my original deadline (March 20th), or even right now, due to both disappointment in the quality of the SECOND PANEL (oh boy oh gee glaring drawing mistakes are fun)
and the fact I may or may not have some depression issues. More on that at 11.

HOWEVER, You can have the "cover" of the first part of the story, right now:
Spoiler:
Image

(Fun Fact: Manga Studio's mode for actually making comics forces me to make this giant picture that's actually much bigger than this site will actually show you.
Not that I want you to stare extremely closely at my mistakes.)

(Additional Fact: Apparently it's also so big that Imgur decided to convert it to a .JPEG, so there's artifacting on the picture now.)
eboyblue3 wrote:will brooke be playable and i'm still open for some sweet water-affiliated action if you're still missing one hmu
Image

Yep, Brook's still here. Also I forgot to add it to the notes, but there aren't any super powers anymore actually.
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by chaoadventures » Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 am

I'm still working on the first few pages of this, so have some sketch art of Meanie while you wait.

Image

(But what's this? He has some type of energy bubble! But what happened to "No more superpowers"? We'll cover that later.)
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by Pufflehugs » Tue May 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Are there still eight emeralds?
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by chaoadventures » Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 pm

No more Emeralds either, actually. I don't know why you guys don't seem to generally consider the idea of the Master Emerald as the 8th though.

One more thing I forgot to add to the notes, I guess. Less and less of that original paragraph holds up the more I look at it.
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by Pufflehugs » Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Next thing you know it won't even be about Chao, and will feature hedgehogs while still being called "Chao Adventure"
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Chao Adventures

Post by chaoadventures » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Image

getting closer
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

Post Reply