Family Trees

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Toomanychaoz
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Family Trees

Post by Toomanychaoz »

How does everyone on here track their family tree? Do you use a program that can generate a tree map(and if so, what program), use a paint file with a family tree, have a text file saying who mated with who, etc?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Family Trees

Post by Crazo3077 »

I used to use Microsoft Excel, though in retrospect I should have used Microsoft Access. I haven't really felt a need to keep track of family relations because Chao can mate with close relatives without any problems. The only reason humans and many of the Earth's animals can't do the same is because of all the genetic defects that have developed and are carried in recessive genes. Family trees more so serve a purpose of having pride in the length of a Chao's linage than a preventive method for incest.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Re: Family Trees

Post by Mayo »

I just use my own memory to know who was bred with whom. Because Chao can only carry so many genes (two alleles per trait) you can use your own common sense to know how you ended up with the result. Also by breeding that Chao yourself may give some idea of its genetic makeup.

For years I thought I had a Shiny Normal, then eventually concluded that it was a Shiny Twotone White when I made it a neutral type. But given how I got the odd transluscent Chao by breeding it, along with Jewel Chao and Brown Chao, I now conclude it was a Psuedo-Shiny Twotone White. In other words, a Shiny Jewel Brown, which explains why I got rather inconsistent breeding results from what I thought was your average Shiny Twotone White.