Monotone Normal Chao

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Monotone Normal Chao

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

I breed a monotone black with a normal chao and got a twotone black chao and now do I breed it with the monotone black? and would I be able to breed it with my shiny pink monotone chao and get a MTN?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Monotone Normal Chao

Post by Mamkute »

No. To get a Monotone Normal Chao from that two-tone black chao that you mentioned above, you must breed it with another chao that has "Normal" color genes, which is either another first generation two-tone chao, or a completely Normal chao, like the one you obtain from the start of the garden. This is because Normal, as a color, is the only recessive color, and therefore must have both alleles be normal to show the normal colors.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

Thanks I've been trying what I said and I kept on geting either a black monotone or black twotone but now I know I was wrong.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

What is the percentage of getting a MTN?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

From the cross you mentioned above, the chances are 1/8, or 12.5%. Of course, you could get higher chances if you do more convoluted breeding, but that is generally a more complicated path.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

What would I have to do?