Unspoiling a chao...?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GojiChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: The only game I got is video game.

Unspoiling a chao...?

Post by GojiChao »

Hey guys, I have recently noticed something about my Neutral Chaos Chao: He's spoiled rotten. I went to the chao doctor in the Kindergarten and his personality was "Cry Baby", one of the most annoying and gotten by spoiling it. :chaoangry: Well, I guess since I pet my chao a lot for no reason when I was younger, that's how it happened. SO... is there any way I can change its personality to something else? (I also have another chao that does this as well) :darkno:

Thanks,
-GojiChao :darkcool:
Because dem dark chao are just that cool.

~GojiChao
Palmpoa
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

あぼーん!

Post by Palmpoa »

あぼーん!
Last edited by Palmpoa on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
:darkhappy:
GojiChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: The only game I got is video game.

Re: Unspoiling a chao...?

Post by GojiChao »

Palmpoa wrote:Mess with its happiness values. Correct me if I am wrong, but chaos does not affix a certain personality after becoming a chaos. I don't have SA2 though so I cannot test this unfortunately.
Mess with its happiness values? Wut? :thinking: And I also have another Chaos chao that has different personalities at times, such as "Curious" and "Naive". Hmm... This is quite confusing.
Because dem dark chao are just that cool.

~GojiChao
Palmpoa
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

あぼーん!

Post by Palmpoa »

あぼーん!
Last edited by Palmpoa on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
:darkhappy:
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

While some have stated that the crybaby personality is obtained by spoiling, I haven't found any evidence to support it. I think somebody just made an assumption to try to explain something that little research has been done on.
I haven't found any correlation between how a Chao is treated and its personality. I have, however, found that it's more likely to get certain personalities depending on how an egg is hatched, and that genetics plays a role in it, too. I'm not sure what happens with reincarnation, though.
As for spoiling, don't worry about it. All it says is that they may become naughty, and I think that that was only put into the game to help conceal the method to obtain Chaos Chao, which requires a certain happiness level beyond that needed for reincarnation. Also, they'll make the skipping animation and possibly steal animals/fruit not intended for them. I spoil my Chao all the time, and only have a few crybabies, who constantly change personalities. They aren't too bad, to be honest.
Don't worry about it. Take your Chao to the doctor occasionally- see if it changes. I find that most crybabies have at least one other personality they alternate with. However, most adult Chao I have do not change personality at all. Good luck.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
Jacob91
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Jacob91 »

I have noticed that quite often chao develop the cry baby personality if the egg is thrown at a wall to hatch it.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MintyMyndi »

I used to get it often before I started throwing. Actually, all of my current crybabies were shaken. I have had some unsaved Chao from breeding that had it from throwing.
I find that throwing is good for getting the energetic personality.
Delta5
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Delta5 »

Is there any way of testing to see what gets what personality? Anyone?
Image Image
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MintyMyndi »

In order to research further into how certain hatching methods and caring methods affect personality, one would be best off using an emulator, preferably with hacks, and test the same thing several times in order to find consistency. If hacks are applied, correlation is easier to see. For now, we only have the small amount of correlation that people have found while playing normally, as it seems to be a subject most don't care (as much) about. Some things that play a role are hatching methods and heredity (to some extent). My personal favorite is energetic- they do activities a lot more than others and their snoring is so cute! That's why I throw my eggs to hatch them.
Delta5
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Delta5 »

I see what your saying, that is a lot of trouble to go through for something that really does not make much of a difference.

I know that different characters has an effect on personality. Shadow makes them short tempered. Sonic, care free. Rogue, big eater. of course petting them too much with anyone will make them cry baby. I'm not sure what affect the other characters have, or how to get other personalities
Image Image