I need help with Shiny Jewel Chao please!!!!

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

I need help with Shiny Jewel Chao please!!!!

Post by Chao Professor »

Hello! I'm very confused by shiny jewel chao. Do transparent chao and invisible chao count as shiny jewels? What about the mint chao? Is that a shiny jewel, and how can I breed one? I have gold and silver jewels in my garden on sa2b, and loads of shinies. What's the combination for breeding a mint chao?

I also think transparent chao must be glitches. I mean, if you set them down on the edge of the hero garden, and look through their heads, you can see the black and blue texture behind the pink clouds! And when they have half open eyes.... scary... If you place them in front of a tree or a plant, and look through them, you can't see the tree or plant anymore...

And invisible chao are quite strange. Aside from putting an item on their head for a comical "floating item", what else can you use them for? You can never see what they grow into... and yeah breeding purposes maybe, but still.... probably a glitch.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some information on shiny jewels. I just need some help. Thank you for reading, please reply! :chaohappy:
Image It's still thinking...
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: I need help with Shiny Jewel Chao please!!!!

Post by ShadriaFan »

All the chao you mentioned are indeed Shiny Jewels.
The thing is, you need the other colored Jewels only obtainable from the GBA Chao Garden to obtain them.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yes, shiny jewel chao constitute transparent chao, mint chao, invisible chao, and some other chao, which appear like other shiny chao, but are genetically shiny and jewel. Shiny jewel is just the term for a child that has (and displays) both shiny and jewel genes, which more often than not, leads to very weird results.

The child is determined by the color of the shiny parent, so a Shiny Red+Silver chao child would be the exact same as a Shiny Red+Gold chao, but those would be different from a Shiny Green+Silver or Gold chao. The shiny parent determines the appearance, the Jewel parent just gives the jewel gene.

A Mint Chao is a Shiny Pink+Jewel cross.

And yeah, the transparent ones are just weird. I would doubt they were planned as they were by the creators, but it is pretty hard to tell how intentional it was. Granted, some of the resulting children are very weird, and are not very consistent with other resulting children, supporting some unintended glitches at hand.

For invisible chao, giving them animal parts makes them more visible, so that is an option.

This link here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6002
should help as well.

And Shadria, it was mentioned that he or she had Silver and Gold chao in the garden, which is enough to get shiny jewel chao.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

oh, ok. thanks for the correction.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Thank you so much for your help guys! Your info was very informative and useful, Mamkute. :wink:
Image It's still thinking...