Having problems with Chao data on PC please help

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MidwayCJ
Egg
Egg

Having problems with Chao data on PC please help

Post by MidwayCJ »

I have SA2B on Steam and I've been wanting to try out some recipes.

My problem is though, I don't have the color set for the ones I want. I read in the big thread you can have two sets but not all three but, I should have already unlocked the color set, unless I have to get to a higher Emblem count that 66 to unlock basic colors like Pink, Yellow, Purple or the other Set Red, brown and Sky Blue after set 1. This is the same on my 360 for both of my chao gardens (I have one on a memory stick) and guess which color set I don't want? The one I have. Green, Orange and Blue. I need them the least.

I have 66 Emblems. I can see Shiny White, Orange and Blue eggs. I've never seen lime green despite many, many, many trips to the black market. I've played this file a lot.

Now I figured there'd be an easy solution. I'd go to my Chao Garden Data in SA2B's files on Steam, Move it, and create a new garden by going in at stage select.

Everytime I've gotten the same results. I go into the Chao area, go into the garden and... The Chao eggs are in the exact same place. They have the same faces (I know because one had an evil smile). They weren't like that when I started my first Chao garden, the first Chao had a frowny face. But since moving that data to try to get new eggs, I've restarted the Chao garden multiple time, really. All the time items, the Chao eggs in the same spot and same faces. I might start checking if they're the same grade. That's what concerns me the most. The chao egg colors are always the same set.

I'm very worried that I'll never be able to get the colors I want without hacking which I don't want to do...since I do want to do this for chao Recipe video guides. I want to be able to explain with the people following along with me..and want them to be able to know what to do if they don't have the colors the want. I know it doesn't tie in with my first results, but it's making it seem more and more like it's tied to my SA2B data and it's disheartening. :cry:

The main FAQ doesn't seem to have answers to my questions, it's mostly Gamecube, but there have to be some differences, and I can't record off a gamecube, not to mention mine always -broke- on me. Because if I could do it that way, I'd be happier as I could get Jewel Chao.

Any help is appreciated. Limitchao on Steam has already helped me a lot, but I though asking here might provide more clarification and maybe some ease to my worries.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Having problems with Chao data on PC please help

Post by Chao Professor »

Yeah this sounds strange to me. You know, I have never, EVER gotten Sky Blue, Red or Brown eggs in my file, ever. It's true that you can't have all the colors (I don't see why not, SEGA!!) but it may be worth doing some more in depth tests. When you say you started a new chao garden, you mean you completely wiped all the data, then opened up a brand new garden? It would be impossible to keep getting exactly the same chao if you did that EVERY time. But if you walk into the garden, hatch the eggs, then reset, THAT'S when you'll get the same chao. This, in turn means that you'll have the same black market. The game works by deciding what chao you'll have when you create a new file. It also decides what will appear in your black market. (I'm 99% sure, anyway) When you see a chao egg, the face, grades, and type have already been determined, before it even hatches. So even whatever way you hatch the egg (throwing it, rocking it or letting it hatch by itself) it will still have the same face. My advice is to keep wiping the data until you get different results. Don't just reset, WIPE IT OUT.

I'm not sure if I helped you at all, and really sorry if I didn't, but I've told you all I know about the subject. :sway:
Image It's still thinking...
MidwayCJ
Egg
Egg

Re: Having problems with Chao data on PC please help

Post by MidwayCJ »

I deleted the Chao save data filed in SA2 for Steam, if there's a different way to do that, I'd try that. But no, this same Chao things happens when I delete the Chao Data file and then go to the Chao Garden from stage select with a character.

I don't have to ge ta new chao key to enter, maybe there's a way of wiping it via in game I'm not aware that I should be doing to get a fresh start? Because with the way I've been doing it I could record it with Bandicam to show exactly what I'm doing and what's happening. I wasn't closing out SA2 and then re-entering without deleting the data. But I haven't seen a way to wipe just the Chao data in game. so I'm confused. I could try it more on my 360 to see my results though, but I'm mu ore concerned with Steam because that's where I record from.

You've helped by making me to think to try it more on my 360, maybe I need to play around with SA2 more on Steam to see what's going on.

But does anyone know if there's an Emblem mark where your second set of colors will appear? I thought I read 120 somewhere but I'm not sure if I can do that within the time I'd like to start making my videos (though I'll probably have to use the chao editor program anyway, I wanna do as much as I can legit)

Thank you for your help Chao Professor!