SA2:B and SA:DX Chao on Phone?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rockman4140
Egg
Egg

SA2:B and SA:DX Chao on Phone?

Post by Rockman4140 »

Hello there, I'm glad that I've found a place that is still active and fond of the niftiest little thing about the Sonic Adventure series; Chao.

I was wondering if someone has devised a way to play and maintain Chao across a phone to the physical devices that they originally came from? While I did not see any rules forbidding the talk of emulation, I did want to err more on the side of caution.

Has anyone had this idea/plan and has it successfully worked? Even if it was hanging onto my Chao using the Tiny Chao Garden on my phone I'd love that. I do have a myriad of hardware to help me move save files between different mediums (GBA-Gamecube Link Cable, DS/GBA Modifications, Originals of the SA1 and SA2B, etc)
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: SA2:B and SA:DX Chao on Phone?

Post by Crazo3077 »

To my knowledge, there is no smart phone or tablet capable of playing Dreamcast or Gamecube games, and I doubt that the more recent PC ports were designed with mobile gaming in mind. I'm also not sure I'd want to play them on such a small platform.

Gameboy Advance and VMU games are more realistic on the platform, though. You can easily just transfer files by connecting your phone to your computer, or even using a cloud service. Though getting GBA games to connect with Gamecube games, which is the only way to move Chao between them, has not yielded much success on emulators.

Personally, I think the best potential is for someone to eventually make a mobile application that poses the Chao in a way comparable to Tamagotchi games, with options resembling the VMU Chao Adventure games and/or the Tiny Chao Garden. Not unlike Pokemon-Amie. Though no such game currently exists, unfortunately.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Rockman4140
Egg
Egg

Post by Rockman4140 »

Here is my plan of attack:
GBA Emulator on phone for when I want to mess around (I picked up the Combo Sonic Pinball/Sonic Advance game; I think I have an effective 2 Chao gardens. It's been awhile, will have to reconfirm.)
Pull save file from emulator, move to PC (Probably Dropbox to my PC because I'm lazy.)
Write save file to physical cartridge (Via Slot 1 and Slot 2 devices)
Do swapping/etc with physical Gamecube games/GBA Link Cable

...I just wish Sega Team would give owners of Sonic Adventure/SA2:B a stand-alone Chao app that has the functionality of the Chao, or even a revamped stand-alone version.

I now just need to figure out compatible Emulators/Save converters. Will do that after I finish a project with a Wii of mine.
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!

Post by noahthehedgehog »

What about a thing such as a Tamagochi, maybe with the option to give your Chao the ability to evolve into the known alignments and different types?
That would be great but it has to be programmed from zero I think because ther never was such a thing. I would love to work on sth like that but I have actually no knowledge of programming at all, while here, if it is supposed to be on a phone, there will occurr multiple dificulties I am sure.
I'll go ask a friend who propably could help me but I'm not certain if I can do such a thing.
Anyone else?
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.
luisdert
Egg
Egg

Post by luisdert »

Yes its posible but just the Dreamcast versions of the game because i have both games in my tablet and they Run smoothly the emulator calls Reicast Hope i helped
:heroblink: