Second Evolution Problems

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Second Evolution Problems

Post by Echo2VX »

I have done pretty much every possible thing with chao...except a second evolution. Is there any secret to doing it well? I have never been able to get even the slightest change. I want a fat swim chao already :cry:
Together, we can stop chao abuse! :herocry:
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Re: Second Evolution Problems

Post by Rinku »

The secret is time. Right after your chao evolves the first time, it's second evolution will start as neutral so you will need to give it 20 animals or so in the stat you want it to grow like. After that however you must wait. It could take anywhere from 3-9hours to fully evolve into its second evolution I believe. You can also change it's second evolution type anytime you want by giving it a different type of animal or chaos drive.
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
🔥 Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (◡‿◡✿)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

As Rinku said, the key is time. Giving all the needed drives early on in life is a way of doing it, but you definitely have to wait a long time. The general guideline is it becomes very apparent at around age 4, but even that is very broad.
A good way to see just how noticeable second evolution can be is to get a very old chao, and do drive/animal glitch with it, and if the chao is old enough, with each successive drive you can see minor changes occur, and it is pretty cool.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Also, feeding fruit to the Chao will shorten the amount of time needed for it to reach its second evolution by a little bit.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Echo2VX »

Still no results with it. I have tried giving animals to different chao. Giving them animals right after their first evolution did nothing, they grew up without any changes, and reincarnated without any changes. I tried giving animals to older chao that were 4, 5, and one that was even 6. After tons of animals, still no luck. Not even any slight changes. I don't get it... :no:
Also, a question for if I do happen to finally get it to work: will giving my chao quite a few skeleton dogs to remove the animal parts, have an effect on the second evolution or not?
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

It can take up to 20 - 30 drives/animals for any noticeable change, or even more than that. Keep giving it fruit/animals/drives.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Echo2VX wrote:Still no results with it. I have tried giving animals to different chao. Giving them animals right after their first evolution did nothing, they grew up without any changes, and reincarnated without any changes. I tried giving animals to older chao that were 4, 5, and one that was even 6. After tons of animals, still no luck. Not even any slight changes. I don't get it... :no:
Also, a question for if I do happen to finally get it to work: will giving my chao quite a few skeleton dogs to remove the animal parts, have an effect on the second evolution or not?
Yes. The blue, black, and gold animals will influence the Chao's affinity toward the four main stats in a random direction. Also, note that the Swim stat is the opposite of the Fly stat and the Run stat is the opposite of the Power stat, so if you want to reduce a Chao's affinity toward a certain stat, then you need to give them animals or chaos drives that are the opposite.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

Giving it only a few (like say, 2 or 3) probably won't give any visible change. So a few skeleton dogs shouldn't hurt.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

To summarize the two major points made above me, for simplicity's sake:

When feeding massive amounts of animals/drives, only give one of a particular stat (I guess Power, if you want the fat swim chao.)
Definitely refrain from giving large amounts of Skeleton dogs, or other black, blue, and orange group animals. Maybe a few to get rid of animal parts, but a lot will make things more confusing.

It surprises me that there isn't any noticeable change on a 5 or 6 year old chao, but the best advice is keep trying. And feeding fruits.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Echo2VX »

That helps, time to try again! I lost track of how many times I have tried this.

Edit: Despite my countless research, and more failed attempts. I am about to give up. Everything anyone has suggested, every piece of information on 2nd evolution, still has me nowhere. What could I be doing wrong? Is it possible to over-feed chao? Is there a better time to give them stat boosts other than right after the 1st evolution? Is it possible there is a glitch in my disc that prevents this from ever happening?

Can someone give me a exact list of things they do to get this to work for them? Not just "feed fruit...give stats...wait", because that has done nothing so far. (And after tons of research, I know exactly how the stat grid works...so that is not my problem) I have tried everything...