In SA2 Steam Version, how does the time system work?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Buns
Egg
Egg

In SA2 Steam Version, how does the time system work?

Post by Buns »

More akin to the GCN or DC version? I only ask because I thought it was the GCN version as the Chao Island page does say all versions aside from the DC version work like the GCN version, but my friend's Chao evolved SUPER quickly, and she's not modded or anything, this is her first time actually playing and raising Chao.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: In SA2 Steam Version, how does the time system work?

Post by Crazo3077 »

"Chao Time" can only really be measured by "Chao Years", which are indicated when taking the Chao to the Doctor. A year for a Chao is roughly three hours, and most Chao evolve after one Chao Year.

In my experience, feeding the Chao fruit can make the Chao evolve faster. I used to have a citation for someone who did hack the game who explained why, but I cannot find that at the moment.

If your friend has been feeding their Chao fruit from the garden, then that would expedite the wait for evolution. It is also possible that the Steam version contains differences that have yet to be discussed. Though without an understanding of what "SUPER quickly" means, I can't really say whether it was a difference in the game or just that she fed them a lot of fruit.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: In SA2 Steam Version, how does the time system work?

Post by Chao Professor »

May I ask you to elaborate on "SUPER quickly"? As Crazo mentioned, it should take roughly 3 real life hours for a chao to evolve. How long did it take? :wink:
Image It's still thinking...