Sonic adventure 2 dreamcast help .

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SonicsShadowX
Egg
Egg

Sonic adventure 2 dreamcast help .

Post by SonicsShadowX »

Okay so I have an original dreamcast. As you know GameStop is selling older games, luckily they had sonic adventure 2 so I just had to buy it . Yesterday I played it for a few hours the game saves my storyline and other files. Except when I go into the chao world. In the top right corner of the screen it says "-failed-".

The game disc is flawless and I bought a brand new unpackaged vmu.
It's like anything with the chao garden will not save.

Anybody with a dream cast have this problem ?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Sonic adventure 2 dreamcast help .

Post by Crazo3077 »

I have not experienced this problem, but a few questions may help understand the issue.

1. Are the Dreamcast, controller, and VMU all original release products, or are any of them third party? While it is unlikely to have a Dreamcast or VMU with a screen that is third party, controllers are everywhere, and you might be using a screenless memory-stick type of VMU. This could be an issue.

2. Have you tried using one of the other VMU slots? Instead of slot 1A, have you tried 1B? It easily could just be the port.

3. Before using the VMU you are using, did you format it? While this is unlikely to be an issue, it could have been a factor. But obviously formatting it now will delete all your save data so don't just suddenly try to use this as a fix.

I should note that I have five VMUs, all of which are pre-owned. One is a MadCatz memory stick, and the other four seem to be officially released, but are all different colors. The one that I have that is in the original design is actually my worst one. The beep it makes when it boots up is much longer than normal, but it also is very obviously the most hacked one that I own, given how custom its icon is. You may just need to find yourself a pre-owned VMU.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui