Steam Sonic Adventure 2 Help!

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Steam Sonic Adventure 2 Help!

Post by Ribbonz »

Hey, I would mainly play this for the chaos and of course finish the story line but I already have the gamecube version but it would be so much easier to have it on PC.

It's only like 12$ for both S2A + the DLC of Battle.

Questions:

:herosurprise: I was wondering if it's difficult to play on the PC?

:surprise: How easy is using an Xbox controller compared to the keyboard on it?

:darksurprise: Should I go ahead and get the Steam version since I primarily use my Computer?

Thanks in advance ^^
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Steam Sonic Adventure 2 Help!

Post by Crash32 »

I played through with a keyboard, it's not too bad but XBox controllers are much easier.

Unless you desperately want it now, Sonic games go on sale fairly often. If you're uncertain you can wait and buy it at 50/75% off

Steam has a good refund system too now, if you buy it and change your mind
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Steam Sonic Adventure 2 Help!

Post by Crazo3077 »

I've played using a wired xbox controller and it works pretty well. I'd recommend it, but I'd also say to just use any controller you're comfortable with. I prefer the xbox controller, but some prefer the playstation type or would even be a purist to their original experience by getting a Gamecube or Dreamcast controller that plugs into the computer.

If you already regularly play games on your computer, I'd encourage getting the game. I'm more eager to play games on consoles or handhelds, so having it on Steam hasn't really made me play the game any more than usual. I also wouldn't call my computer a gaming computer, so the game isn't always as fluid as it would be on a console.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui