It's been a while... please help T^T

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

It's been a while... please help T^T

Post by Ribbonz »

Alright, So I'm finally getting back into the chaos but since I got the PC version I had to start over and what not. I keep looking and reviewing everything... but I feel like there is an easier way that just spamming level after level of drives. I did see the Fusion editor... I keep looking at the features but I don't exactly want something to hack into the game since I feel like I'm cheating =<. Anyways I do like the idea of having more than 24 chaos though, is this something that the Fusion editor can do? OR is there another way?

Thanks in advance <3
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: It's been a while... please help T^T

Post by Mamkute »

Are you wanting faster ways to level up your chao? If so, you should use the animal glitch, allowing repeated use of the same animal, although I guess it is also still cheating, in a way. Details for it should be on the site, but the gist is that you stand about one animal's length away from the chao, and put down the animal. If done correctly, the chao will receive the stats, but you can use the animal again. This is also doable with drives, but more difficult due to drives being bouncy and smaller.
Also for stats, animals generally raise them much higher than drives- finding a good level for any given stat category is a good plan (Sky Rail for Fly, since Condors raise fly by crazy amounts, etc.) although you have to be okay with getting animal parts on your chao, for that.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ribbonz »

Yeah, for the past years I have played this I used drives since I always had a thing against the animal pieces and also thought the drives would do better just for that one stat. Did an animal for the first time in a long while, and realized how wrong I had been.

I heard that there is a strength to the different traits, is this true? If so how does it work? And how do I balance getting a Dark/Fly/Fly>? When I've been using a bat (black) or is there a better/easier animal to use for this.

Also, I am having issues taking screen shots, is anyone else having this problem? I hit print screen but it gets a picture of the program under SA2 is there another button I press to screenshot? :thinking:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Skeleton Dogs and Half-Fish are both very helpful in removal of animal parts, so that is an option after raising all the stats.

I do not know what you mean by a strength to different traits.

For getting a Dark Fly/Fly chao, it is best to not use a whole lot of black, orange, or blue group animals.
Second evolution stat influence is different from stats- purple group animals and drive increase fly the most, and they also increase the chao looking more like a second-evolution-Fly chao. But while a bat may increase fly the most, it randomly influences the chao to look more like any one of the four second evolution possibilities. Same is true with any of the other black, orange, or blue group animals.

My suggestion for raising all stats and getting a desired second evolution is to focus on getting really good stats first, then focus on giving the chao a whole lot of Fly, to make the chao look like the Dark/Fly/Fly chao.

I can't really help with the screenshot issue.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ribbonz »

I just saw someone (cant remember who) had suggested that there is a "strength" as far as Swimming trait is strongest so even if you get let's say a green group like cheetah and it has another stat that isn't as strong as the running but the second strongest of what it gives it can influence it like you were saying regarding the bat even though that one is more random.

But I should just stick to the purple group, like condors and such?
I realized the screenshot thing just had to deal with steam using F12 instead of the print screen key. So that's that.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Got it, you are referring to the priority for evolutions. Strength isn't the best way of looking at it, it is more of a priority thing.
This is only relevant for determining what the chao will evolve into for its first evolution. If a chao is equally influenced between Swim and Run or Power, it will evolve into a swim chao. If it is equally influenced between Run or Power and Fly, it will evolve into the Run or Power chao. A chao can not be equally influenced by Run and Power, or Swim and Fly, since they work on opposing scales. Think of it like this picture from the main site:
http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/gradual-evolution

And you don't have to stick with condors, although how you feed it animals is dependent on what stage of life the chao is in. If it isn't evolved yet, then I would suggest only using purple group animals and drives. After it evolves, though, if you really want it to have good stats across the board, I would suggest giving it power, run, and swim animals and drives first, then giving fly.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

F12 is the Steam screenshot shortcut
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ribbonz »

Thanks all for the help!! Sorry I have so many questions, like I said before, getting back into the whole chao thing and need something to jog my memory ^^ :darksway:

Another question I have is, I have my chao where I want it to be as far as the first evolution and I want to hurry and boost the remaining stats. The ones Im working with are: Dark/Fly(D/F/F), Dark/Run(D/R/R), and Hero/Swim(H/S/S)

I've been kinda using bats because of how easy they are, but I've also noticed that most of the animals Im trying aren't very well at the power stat. Now, should I use a gold animal instead like dragon who has higher power? Or should I just get a diff power animal when I get to 99 with the rest of the statS?

Edit:: I'm also using the animal glitch where you stand so far away and can repeatedly give them that animal. Seeing as it was an actual thing in the GC version I don't mind using it ^^
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

For ease of not changing the outcome of the first evolution, I would advise waiting until it evolves before boosting all of the other stats. But if you do not want to wait, I would suggest giving it power animals, then give it 10 or so run animals before evolution. This is to ensure balancing of the Run-Power values for evolution. It is kind of weird.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ribbonz »

Yeah no, I meant to say I alrady have it at the first evolution >.<! It's already gone through that ^^