Weird Chao breed?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Weird Chao breed?

Post by FluffyCats »

I bred my two-tone shiny sky blue Chao with a two-tone normal Chao.
What comes out of the egg is a White chao. But, every time I pet it with a dark character, he gets more red I just got him today, so he hasn't evolved yet.
Ha anyone ever had this breed before, or did I discover a new one? Help is really appreciated :chaohappy:
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Re: Weird Chao breed?

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Hah, it would seem that you've obtained the infamous normal monotone Chao. You'd be surprised how many people have come here with the same question. ^u^

Basically what you have is a monotone version of the same Chao you get when you first come into the garden. The only difference is that it's entire body changes to be one solid color. I hope I explained that well, I'm not exactly the most Chao-savvy person on the island. XD

I find it to be a really cool kind of Chao though, it'll change into many interesting tones of color depending on the stats you give it. :3

Hope I helped~!
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

sounds like a Monotone Normal, if you ask me. it's a rare color, that changes based on alignment.
dark types are more colorful, based on the secondary highlights instead of the black, while hero types are all white, and neutrals are pastels.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Congratulations, you've obtained the rare Monotone Normal chao! :chaohappy:

You can find out more about them on the main website, they're pretty cool! They can be lots and lots of different colours based on their alignment. Hero chao mostly come out plain white and boring sadly, but dark and neutral chao look very nice as Monotone Normals.

I think the chao gallery has some cool pictures on what this breed looks like based on its alignment. Go check it out :herosway:

I currently have 4 Monotone Normal chao, and it's true, when made dark, they look incredible! :darkcool:
Image It's still thinking...
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

To clarify by rare, the monotone normal chao is pretty much the most difficult chao to obtain by breeding, having a 12.5% chance, or 1/8 chance, of being produced from the cross of chao that you did. There are higher chances to obtain it from other crosses, but what you did was the easiest (taking only two generations of chao.)

As stated, Hero chao are just pure white, so they aren't super exciting. Chaos chao are also pure white. They are on the gallery, but here is a compilation of them next to their normal chao forms:
Second evolutions are really cool, and very diverse.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Post by FluffyCats »

Thank you :3 :chaohappy:
I'm still deciding on what I'm gonna evolve it into, so hard to choose :sway:

EDIT:

Great, just great...
I transported the chao (I never named him yet) to the other memory card for space, but I was going to transport him back.
But just my luck that the memory card I transported him into, along with some other chao I transported, corrupted.
I don't know how or why it corrupted, but I miss my Chao a heck lot.
Last edited by Nano on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try not to multi post, thank you!
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure