Heart Fruit not working?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Heart Fruit not working?

Post by FluffyCats »

I have 2 adult Chao whom I have fed heart fruits before and they worked, but now they won't go into mating season.
Does a heart fruit not always put a Chao into mating season with the flowers blooming around it, but make it fertile enough to mate with other Chao with the flowers around them? I'm getting kind of ticked off by wasting my rings on heart fruit that won't put my Chao into mating season. :heroangry:
(My garden isn't full, btw)
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Heart Fruit not working?

Post by Crazo3077 »

Let's ask a few things to trouble shoot:

1. How have you confirmed the garden has room for a new Chao? Did you count yourself or did you use the Chao Stadium to look? I always use this to confirm.

2. They ate the entire fruit, right? To my knowledge, it needs to eat the entire fruit or it will not work. I'm not sure if it is that the final bite actually actives mating or not, but from my experience that is the part that matters the most. (Also I'm not sure if feeding them more than one can mess them up or not. I haven't played with that before.)

3. Are Chao in particular moods that distract them? If a Chao takes an interest in something, or is tired, it can be messed up. Leaving the garden and returning can show whether or not this is the case. When they leave that mood they should initiate the mating flowers.

4. Are other Chao in the garden entering mating season? If you cannot get other Chao to do this within that same garden, it definitely has to be a quantity problem of some kind. Bringing one of the Chao that should be in mating season to a different garden and see if it works. Even if it isn't listed, you might have some kind of error.

These are all the possible troubleshoots I could think of. This is very strange.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

I doubt it's a glitch, there must be some reason.
Anyways, I use the 'Move' option on the chao transporter to check. Exactly one space open, not taken by a chao in the classroom.
But just a quick question, does it count if there is a chao in the classroom taking the spot?

Then, about the fruit, yes, I make them eat the whole thing, even if they don't finish it.

The chao are in normal state, not woken up or anything. After I feed them a heart fruit, they just get up and leave, the emotion ball stays normal.

And nope, no other chao are in their mating season, I've been playing a few hours after the incident and no chao has gone into their mating season.
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Sometimes, the Chao may want to do something like swimming in the lake. Something like this can prevent the flowers from appearing around the Chao even if they were fed Heart Fruit. If that happens, then you can move the Chao to another garden in order for its mating season to actually begin.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

Hm, I've never seen them go into the lake after I give them the heart fruit. :thinking:
It always happens in the Hero Garden, so, then, like you both suggested, I'll move them to another garden and see if the heart fruit will work. :darksway:
Thanks for the help from both of you, I might be able to breed again :3 :darkhappy:
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

FluffyCats wrote:But just a quick question, does it count if there is a chao in the classroom taking the spot?
Yes they very much do! Another way to think of each garden is as 8 Chao Slots. A Chao File can only handle as many Chao as there are Chao Slots. Normally, if you bring a 9th Chao into a full garden, one of the Chao will be pushed into one of the other gardens, often trading places with the 9th Chao, but to my knowledge Chao who are in the classroom cannot be moved from their home garden.

In short, Chao in the classroom also counts as a Chao occupying the last garden it was in.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui