Breeding help, please

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
BaconFromSpace
Egg
Egg

Breeding help, please

Post by BaconFromSpace »

For some reason when I breed a shiny with a jewel I frequently get a translucent green looking baby with parents including: Shiny blue, white, and purple.
The exceptions being shiny gray and yellow which gave me invisible and shiny pink which gave me mint.
I was realllly looking forward to translucent sky blue from the shiny purple/jewel mix. someone help me out?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Breeding help, please

Post by Crazo3077 »

I was going to link you to the documents we have on Shiny Jewel Chao, but you seem to have the right idea already.

You are likely experiencing one of two issues: purity or setting.

In the case of purity, you need to find a way to ensure that your Jewel Chao is pure, as in born from the eggs found in the Adventure Fields of Sonic Adventure DX or bought from the Tiny Chao Garden, as well as that your Shiny Purple Chao parent does not have any immediate ancestors of other colors. If you never had a Shiny Purple Chao, thus it is a first generation Shiny Purple Chao, you should breed the Shiny Purple Chao you made with the Non-Shiny Purple parent, so that it can ensure it is Purple and not any other color. This is the only way to ensure you get the correct result.

In the case of setting, your issue could be the garden you are looking at the Chao in. If you are not looking at the Chao on a white, light grey, or light tan surface, the Chao is likely to look green even if it is blue. This is easy to test.

If neither of these solutions help, please expand on your circumstances so we can better understand what may be wrong.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
BaconFromSpace
Egg
Egg

Post by BaconFromSpace »

Thanks for the response. I gave it a few more tries and started getting the results I wanted. I have a feeling the green one I'm getting is just part of a rarity factor or something
ShinyJirachi
Egg
Egg

Post by ShinyJirachi »

Did you buy all the shiny eggs from the market? If you bred them they might pass down the color gene of another parent, (possibly white shiny), which results in translucent green.