Can someone explain how I got this chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Can someone explain how I got this chao?

Post by FluffyCats »

I was mating my chao until I hatched an egg, and a chao I'd never knew would hatched, was there. It looks like a Shiny purple chao with reddish-pink at the tips of its head, feet, and butt (so it's a two-tone), but I don't even have the purple egg in my game yet. The chao I used were a shiny pink chao, whose parents were a pink chao (bought) and a two-tone chao. The other chao I used was a shiny two-tone gray, whose parents were a shiny grey and a two-tone chao, if I remember. How did this happen, seeing as I have had no purple chao.
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
ShinyJirachi
Egg
Egg

Re: Can someone explain how I got this chao?

Post by ShinyJirachi »

I don't understand breeding as much as some people, but my guess is that the two-tone gene and the shiny gene passed down. Maybe the ends looks red from your tv. Can I know what version you're playing? EDIT: Bottom comment explains it better
Last edited by ShinyJirachi on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I would think it is a shiny two-tone pink chao. Two-tone pink and purple chao look very similar, with the pink being lighter, but otherwise the same. Here are the two as babies compared side by side:
Yours may have highlights appearing more red because of the shinyness, or screen settings. And genetically, getting a Shiny Pink Two-tone out of the cross would make sense.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

I'm playing my game right now, comparing my chao to the pictures that Mamkute posted
I know for sure it's not my tv.
The legs are reddish, which go a tiny bit lighter at the end of the foot. And since shiny chao are lighter in color, it looks more like it would be purple.
It's really hard to compare because of the shininess, but I'll just say it's a shiny two tone pink.
Something that confuses me is how a monotone pink is like a hot pink, and when it's two tone, it goes purplish.
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

That is weird, you are right, it would seem like it should be Purple, then.
And Monotone to two-tone coloration gets weird, with Oranges being more brownish with green highlights, and other weird things. Two-tone whites, especially, are very odd when comparing two-tone to monotone.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I do have this picture of a newborn Shiny Two-Tone Pink Chao:
But it should be noted that colors in SA2 can be more vibrant than in SA. Which might be why our images look much more dull.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

:surprise: That's exactly what the chao looks like :D
Now the hardest part of owning that chao is deciding what to evolve it into :chaocry:
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

You can probably use the Chao Gallery on this website and test out possible Evolutions. You can't set the color to be Shiny when using the preview, but you can set it to be regular Two-Tone Pink, and then try to imagine what the Shiny version would look like.

I personally think that certain Dark Chao Evolutions look pretty cool as Two-Tone Pink.
For example, Dark/Normal looks pretty nice with the pink highlights and a slight bit of purple.
Dark/Swim is actually mostly blue, but the tip of the head spike will be pink.
Dark/Run will actually have orange stripes, with a pink marking on its chest.

And that's just First Evolutions. Who knows what some of the Second Evolutions might look like?
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

I'm thinking about evolving her into a Neutral chao instead. It's hard to choose between Neutral/Run/Swim and Neutral/Swim/Power, as they both look cute, harmless, innocent and friendly, but they could kick butt at karate anytime they want to. :cool: