Second evolution and ghost animals

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zeroploxx
Egg
Egg

Second evolution and ghost animals

Post by Zeroploxx »

First of all, I'm surprised there are still active Chao fans out there. I recently bought SA2B again and this time on Steam. I used to play it a lot during my childhood.

Anyway, I want my Chao to end up with a specific second evolution (Hero Swim/Fly to be precise) while being level 99 in every stat, all right? Does ghost animals (skeleton dog, half fish and bat) have a neutral effect or do they have no effect on the appearance at all? If I first give my Chao Fly type animals all the way to level 99 and then boost the other stats with ghost animals, will it become a Swim/Fly or a Swim/Neutral?

Thanks. :omochao:
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Re: Second evolution and ghost animals

Post by Jack the Person »

Actually, the ghost-type animals influence evolution randomly, as do the blue and the rare animals.
You might end up with a Hero/Swim/Power for example, it's highly likely you'll end up with a Hero/Swim/Fly though.

Look at the Gradual Evolution Page and the Animals Page for more info.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Second evolution and ghost animals

Post by Mamkute »

Unfortunately, as described above, Blue, Orange, and Black group animals are not an easy answer to raising stats for a specific second evolution. My advise would be to get the chao to level 99 in all stats first, and then give an excess of Fly animals. This should give you a Hero/Swim/Fly-(Run or Power) chao.

If you want it to be even more precisely on Fly, I would document whether you added Power or Run animals most recently, and then give the chao 20 animals/40 drives of the other stat to balance that out. This is due to the slider system of gradual evolutions.