Cyan/Aquamarine Egg not appearing in Tiny Chao Garden

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GravityGames
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: That one guy that raises Chao in SADX

Cyan/Aquamarine Egg not appearing in Tiny Chao Garden

Post by GravityGames »

Hello. I've been entering and exiting my Tiny Chao Garden for about half an hour now, while attempting to get a Aquamarine Egg in the shop, and I haven't found one yet. Does the Tiny Chao Garden follow the same "certain eggs don't appear" rule that SADX and SA2B follow? I really would like to have this color of Chao, and I would prefer not to hack in an aquamarine egg. While I do have the knowledge to do so, I'd like to keep my main Chao Garden 100% hack free.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Cyan/Aquamarine Egg not appearing in Tiny Chao Garden

Post by chaoadventures »

All of the eggs do show up at some point.
I remember using the Sonic Advance 2 TCG and seeing all of the eggs eventually. Interestingly though, I tried looking for a Aquamarine egg a couple of years ago.
I soft-resetted for several weeks and never found it. Well, before I started looking for it...

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I could be misremembering, but I think some of the more expensive eggs only start showing up after you've purchased the cheaper ones, which of course means either uploading to Gamecube to free up space in the TCG or neglecting your Chao to the point it runs away.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

I don't think you need to get cheaper ones first, I had the Onyx egg (the most expensive one) show up in my shop before I'd bought any eggs.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Tiny Chao Garden has all the eggs set to appear, with different eggs appearing at different rates. There is no need to purchase the cheaper eggs first, just, generally, the more expensive ones appear less. (With things from Garnet up being much more rare, for the most part.)

I recall having an SA2B/Sonic Adventure guide that had rates of appearances for the eggs in the Tiny Chao Garden, in which, from what I recall the rarest was Topaz, with a rate of something like 0.5%. Anyway, the moral is, some of them are pretty difficult and annoying to get, but you can definitely get all of them with enough patience (and some annoyance.)
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

As usual, Mamkute gets to my identical point before me. I had an incredibly hard time getting a Topaz egg back when I was regularly using the Tiny Chao Garden, and I was using Sonic Advance. I'm not certain if it is the game or the save, but there definitely are factors that will make it harder to obtain certain eggs.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I really should find that guide; it had exact percentage values which I can't seem to find anywhere online. And I would think the guide's values are correct.
GravityGames
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: That one guy that raises Chao in SADX

Post by GravityGames »

Not sure if this is the same guide, but I found this guide yesterday. What strikes me as odd was that I was getting the Topaz eggs fairly often, which has me thinking (and hoping) that the egg percentages have something to do with the Chao in the garden. In either case, if the Topaz egg is that rare, I'll probably snag it while it's showing up so often.

EDIT: When I booted up the game, I got the Lime Green/Peridot Egg (probably should have bought it too in retrospect), which means every egg but the one I wanted has appeared. Heh, kinda funny to be honest. I went ahead and bought the Orange/Topaz Egg anyway, as I do have a name in mind for when I hatch it. I figured while I was already updating this post, I should ask if the Moon Chao is a legitimate egg you can obtain from the Tiny Chao Garden. I hacked it into my PC version of SADX (so I know the files exist for it), and thought it looked cool, and would like to have one for my hack/exploit free Chao Garden. If not, I suppose I could wait until I start a fully hacked Chao Garden.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

There were rumors that eggs for Sun and Moon Chao would appear with some very low percentage after getting all the other eggs, but these have been confirmed false and only the Moon Chao actually exists, but could only ever be obtained legitimately through the long defunct Dreamcast Black Market, at least as far as anyone knows(Afterall, it was only fairly recently that we got confirmation regarding the distribution of Knuckles and Amy Chao).
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Those values seem similar to the ones I am thinking of. I think that an egg labeled from the "rare" category had a 1/3 chance of appearing. But even if those values are close, that source is a bit sketch, as evidence by their claims for moon and sun chao.

Which, they are definitely not obtainable through Tiny Chao Garden. Sun chao have never existed, and moon chao were only legitimately obtainable on Dream Cast games, through the means Mewtamer mentioned.

The guide I am talking about was a physical guidebook, for SA2B and Sonic Advanced, with having the book flipped upside down from one game to the other. (If that makes any sense.)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^You mean this?

- - -
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yes! Do you have it?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Unfortunately, no.

- - -