I can't identify this chao? [SAB2]

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yumidei
Egg
Egg

I can't identify this chao? [SAB2]

Post by Yumidei »

Heya! I hope this question is appropriate for this section, but I also hope it hasn't been asked a ton.
I'm not really a pro or anything so I apologise if I sound dumb.

I have a general knowledge of how breeding works in the game and most of the outcomes. But recently I accidently made a chao I can't really identify, and have had no luck looking it up.

I'll try to explain to the best of my ability.
I was attempting to re-create a two-tone pink chao for my younger brother, but for some reason the baby kept coming out as what SEEMED like a monotone white chao. It does not have the colorations or markings of a two-tone, they all came out solid white. BUT-- upon trying to make the chao dark, the entire body slowly became a creamy orangey/pinkish color. It looks monotone in either of the colors due to the lack of markings being visible. I have not tested what it looks like in the hero alignment but I doubt it'd be anything other than white.

Pictures for reference.
(Terrible phone quality, I apologise.)
ImageImageImage

I don't know if it's necessary to mention, but I'm playing on the GC, and have not tampered with the game.

If you have any idea I'd love to know!
Thank you!
:thinking:
Last edited by Yumidei on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: I can't identify this chao? [SAB2]

Post by ShadriaFan »

that is a monotone normal chao, a very rare coloration. Its colors seem to be based off of the highlight tips on chao, with neutral chao being light pastels and dark chao having awesome neon colors. Hero chao, however, are all pure white. I do not have images, but I'm sure some members (namely Crazo and Mamkute) have all of them.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Yumidei
Egg
Egg

Post by Yumidei »

I managed to put some pics on to the first post!
Thank you very much for the reply! :chaohappy:

If I may also ask, what makes them rare?
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Mamkute wrote:To clarify by rare, the monotone normal chao is pretty much the most difficult chao to obtain by breeding, having a 12.5% chance, or 1/8 chance, of being produced from the cross of chao that you did.
Grabbed this quote from one of our very helpful chao peeps/moderators.
Of course, the statistics are from a different chao pair bred so it doesn't specifically apply to your cross, but I imagine the percentages don't vary much.

So basically, it's rare because it's difficult to breed. So, congrats! :3

I find it a little funny, because there are many people who come here asking what chao they have when they happen to get a Monotone Normal chao. ;u;
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Monotone normal. It is like a normal chao except without highlights.