Chao luck and intelligence IMPORTANT

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sanchezzalex_
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chao luck and intelligence IMPORTANT

Post by Sanchezzalex_ »

A lot of questions.

OK so I have a all s lvl 99 chaos chao with 3000 in everything except stamina. I was wondering if there was a way to make my chao open the box at the beginning faster. According to the site animals raise the bar by 20%. If this is correct I would assume my chao would have maxed out the stats. I fed my chao skeleton dogs condors penguins and bears.

On the main faq it says that I have to feed my chao blue animals and gold to raise both stats. Maybe this is the reason. I heard this was a myth but I'm starting to doubt the info on the main site because none of my chao have ever been smart. NONE. I hope you guys can come together and find more about these two stats.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao luck and intelligence IMPORTANT

Post by chaoadventures »

I do know that, for a fact, that Luck and Intelligence have their own grades, just like the other stats. That said, they fluctuate much more.
As in, instead of the Grades being S A B C D E, they're invisible numbers from 0 to 255.

It's possible all of your Chao have really low Intelligence grades. It's also possible there's something else we don't know about the Jack-in-the-box during the races, but I doubt it.

Also, I don't know where you got that info about Blue and Gold animals, but all of the animals raise Luck and Intelligence by the same amount. All of them.

The proof? If you use Fusion's Chao Editor, you can view the hidden stats before and after you give your Chao an Animal. This also lets you look at the grades.

But is there a way to raise your Chao's Intelligence? Probably not. Since you maxed out your Chao's other stat levels, by this point that probably also means your Chao's Intelligence
was maxed out too, since it also has a level cap of 99. But you never know.

The only way to raise it is to give your Chao more Animals (and/or Chaos Drives), but I wouldn't count on it getting any higher.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sanchezzalex_
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Sanchezzalex_ »

Ok thank you i was wondering if u can go more in depth about the grades and whether or not the stats level up to 99 like normal stats.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Both Luck and Intelligence have a max level of 99, just like the other stats.

As for their grades, as far as I know there's no way to increase your Chao's grade for them, since you can't evolve them into a "Luck Chao" or something like that.

From what we can tell, there's also no way to tell how high your Chao's grade is for either stat without looking at the data. Personalities don't seem to reveal anything about them either unfortunately.

As I said before, the Grades themselves are numbers from 0 to 255 instead of being Letter Grades.

Just to clarify, having zero doesn't mean that the stat will never go up. It's more like having an "E" Grade in the stat. I don't happen to know exactly how much the grades affect the stat's numbers though.

You can also pass down Grades for Luck and Intelligence by breeding, just like the other stats, but not being able to see them makes that hard to work with.

And I think that's all of it.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

We can't see luck/intelligence (except if you have Fusion's Chao Editor) and as chaoadventures said, instead of letter grades it has number grades (0 - 255.) When you mate 2 smart/lucky chao the baby's grade is already determined just like Swim, Fly, Run, Power and Stamina grades. Like the other grades, luck and intelligence also has points and levels. However, the odd thing about these stats is that even if the intelligence/luck grades isn't the highest it can be it's still possible to reach the max amount of points (4000.) Unlike Swim, Fly, Run, Power and Stamina where if you have a grade under the highest (S rank) it's impossible to get the max amount of points (3266 technically 4000 but it's unreachable through normal gameplay standards.)

So the mystery about these stats is; what is the difference between having luck/intelligence maxed with 4000 points and the grade of 1 and having luck/intelligence maxed out with 4000 points with the grade of 255? Lets take a look.

Here is my chao Arin with a 251 intelligence grade and 4000 points. Now lets see what he does when opening a box in chao race.

He opened it in approximately 5 seconds! If you're not convinced you can look at the chao race timer in the gif. Now lets take a look at my chao Blazer with only 1 intelligence grade 738 points.

Lets see what he does when opening a box in chao race.

Approximately 7 seconds. The bots even pass Blazer before he even opens it. So this proves the timing when chao open the boxes but it doesn't prove if the chao will success. Sure Arin can open the box fast but does that mean he'll success every time?

I know when it comes to luck/intelligence a lot of you may relate to if the chao will success opening the box but the truth is...

Boost twice during START...SUCCESS!

Boost twice after START...Failure...

I understand 2 gifs could have just been lucky/unlucky shots but I have tested this over and over again while recording just to be sure and I got the same result every time. I also had to do this while testing my race codes. So this tells me a little bit of timing is involved. What's confirmed? Intelligence as it's clearly shown Arin opened the box faster than the bots with a 251 intelligence grade and Blazer opened the box slower than the bots with only 1 intelligence grade. As for luck I have yet to find that out yet. Maybe more of a chance to success on each set timing? Possibly.