Gamecube Version vs New PC/Chao World Extended?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
shotabunnyfairy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Well aint'chu a looker?

Gamecube Version vs New PC/Chao World Extended?

Post by shotabunnyfairy »

Hey y'all!

So I've been playing the good old Gamecube version of SA2B for awhile now, raising my chaos and whatnot, and this almost always what I come back to. I have my Gameboy Advance still, and a copy of Sonic Advance along with Sonic Pinball Party (or something like that)? Either way, they both have Tiny Chao Gardens and I've always relied on that to get my Jewel Chao. However, I've been seeing so much regarding the Steam version, and I'd really like to set it up and start playing it, or the Chao World Extended. (Is Chao World Extended a mod or is it it's own thing? Sorry if my questions are redundant or dumb.)

I'm just not very sure how it works. I haven't played any old console games via PC so I'm just curious as to how it plays when you are on a computer, and would also like to know people's experiences perhaps with switching over from GC to Chao World Extended. Biggest benefits and biggest downsides? I'm just curious to hear about other people's experiences and get a bit more info! :darkhappy:
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Re: Gamecube Version vs New PC/Chao World Extended?

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Chao World Extended is a mod for the PC version. There isn't a huge difference but there is a few port glitches (most of which are fixed with the mod) and their pretty minor.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

The PC version of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle controls fine. I haven't played the GameCube version, but I can safely assume that the controls are the same for the most part. The PC version has a few glitches pertaining to its Chao World that the GameCube version didn't have. Most notably, Shiny Two-Tone Chao don't have the shiny texture because of a bug, so they appear to be very bright; planted trees don't seem to grow correctly, so they continue to be small when they should be large; the textures for some of the Hero Chao don't appear correctly; the fruit in the hero garden increase Stamina at too fast a rate; and some others. Also, you are correct: Chao World Extended is a mod pack for the PC version of Sonic Adventure 2. The current version of Chao World Extended fixes some of these errors like the Hero Chao texture glitch, the Hero Garden fruit error, and the trees, and it adds more things to the Chao Gardens, too. You can enable new, previously unused animations for the Chao. It can provide ways of getting Jewel Chao without needing to edit the Chao with Fusion's Chao Editor. You can change the appearances of the lobbies and the gardens with the Lobby Pack and most of the lobbies can use their own save files with their own unique appearances for the Chao. You can even get the three special Character Chao similarly to how you can get Chaos Chao. In summary, Chao World Extended is a great mod and I recommend using it if you have the Steam version of Sonic Adventure 2.

I can't think of any downsides to using Chao World Extended with Sonic Adventure 2. There is more information about the mod in its forum topic.
Last edited by LimitCrown on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

LimitCrown wrote: Most notably, Shiny Two-Tone Chao don't have the shiny texture because of a bug, so they appear to be very bright;

Yes, the biggest difference is the bright chao I forgot to mention (as seen in mine and LimitCrown's profile pictures) thanks for that.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Another port problem I noticed with the PC version compared to the Gamecube version are the chao spawning in the same places every time you reenter the garden. It's kind of weird though cause some characters have different spawn points for chao like Tails and Shadow the chao will spawn in one spot while being knuckles or rouge the chao appear somewhere else.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
shotabunnyfairy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Well aint'chu a looker?

Post by shotabunnyfairy »

Awesome! Thank you all, that clears things up quite a bit. I think I'll go ahead and get the Steam version pretty soon along with the Chao World Extended mod. It seems really great. I'm sure I'd manage to get used to it just fine.

And ah yes, that clears up another question I probably would have asked eventually, the deal with the bright chao. I don't mind though, they look pretty cool actually!!! Thanks to all of ya that responded, it really helps~