What's the fastest way to get rings for the GBA Jewel Chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Magikarpador
Child Chao
Child Chao

What's the fastest way to get rings for the GBA Jewel Chao?

Post by Magikarpador »

I have DX, Battle, and Advance.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: What's the fastest way to get rings for the GBA Jewel Chao?

Post by chaoadventures »

Run through the main game of Sonic Advance.

There's no better option unfortunately, since you can't transfer rings to Advance.
All of the mini games don't give you very many Rings if you do them perfectly either. (It's like, 70 or so when you finish.)

I usually run through Neo Green Hill Zone Act 1 and 2 and then start over, since the difficulty goes up and there's less rings in general.
They don't give you as much as say, a near perfect run through Emerald Coast or City Escape (which should be around 350 Rings) if I remember correctly, but it'll do.
I don't think I ever found out if you keep Rings from Special Stages though, which have a few hundred inside.

While I think you can actually get more Rings from Advance 2, the difficulty getting the Garden in the first place is too high to justify it if you already have Advance 1.
Magikarpador
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Magikarpador »

Thank you, kindly.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Personally, I actually like playing the mini-games. Both the ones on the Sonic Advance Tiny Chao Garden are fun enough. I say this, though, because I often would just download the Tiny Chao Garden from the Gamecube games and play it on there.

Honestly the best game is exclusive to the Sonic Pinball Party TCG, and it has ball matching and stuff. Otherwise the Rock-Paper-Scissors game has been reliable for me.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

You could always cheat
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Crash32 wrote:You could always cheat
I wanted to link to an Amazon or Ebay listing for a Gameboy Advance Gameshark, like the one I have, but turns out they go for like 70 bucks these days ooops.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

In Sonic Advance, I can consistently complete Neo Green Hill Act 1 and Secret Base Act 1 quickly and collect approximately 100 rings in each one.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Yeah, the mini-games are more for fun than serious ring collecting. Be nice if they at least had some kind of multiplier that made the payouts worthwhile if you get good enough to clear the game multiple times in a row.

And while the unlock requirements for the Advance 2 TCG are ridiculous, by the time you're good enough at the game to unlock it, you've probably already racked up tens of thousands of rings and can get several thousand more during a casual playthrough of the main game, or a half-hour of serious time attacking.
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

Since my copy of Sonic Advance has the glitch that disables you to get rings from stages into the TCG, I have found a way to earn rings just as quickly if not quicker than doing stages by playing the memory mini game.
What I do is I just start the game and take a picture of where the cards are with my 3DS. You could use any camera though. Then just look back at the picture and choose the cards. It gets about 80-90 rings each time, and each time takes about a minute-ish. It's worked well enough for me to get every jewel egg up to Emerald.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^That's actually quite clever.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

Thanks, I was pretty desperate to find some way to earn rings with the minigames more effectively since after trying to fix the glitch, it never ever worked. So then it hit me to just take a picture of the cards. It requires no skill. It takes very little time. It's, in my opinion, the easiest way to earn rings in the entire game, sans hacking...
Chaonicii
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Cracked but still presentable.

Post by Chaonicii »

I agree, the card game is the easiest. If you feel like cheating take a picture of the cards beforehand when they're shown and look at it to match them up easily. :chaohappy:
ImageImageImage