Race medals from SADX transferable to SA2B? (Game Cube)

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkFlyFlyChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: I'll be your satellite!

Race medals from SADX transferable to SA2B? (Game Cube)

Post by DarkFlyFlyChao »

Hello everyone! :darkhappy: I hope you had a nice day today! :herosway:

I wanted to ask whether or not the race medals from Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, once on a Chao, could be transferred to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle using a Game Boy Advance and the respective cable.
That means, if I put a Chao from SADX with a race badge from that game on the Game Boy Advance and then that Chao on SA2B, will it keep the badge? Or will that medal vanish?

Thank you in advance.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image My Chao series http://bit.ly/1Y19722 Image
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Race medals from SADX transferable to SA2B? (Game Cube)

Post by Crash32 »

I'd assume that they would not carry over, as SA2B released before SADX on the Gamecube

Just a guess though

See below
Last edited by Crash32 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

If I remember correctly, it does stay.

If not, it should return when it comes back, since it's should still be something the chao has, just not something SA2B knows how to use. Since I'm pretty sure the medals are in the game already.
Either way, I doubt it will appear on the Chao Doctor's medical chart.

EDIT: Yeah, it does stay.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I didn't often do the races in SADX, because they were nightmarish compared to the ones in SA2B, but what chaoadventures said is the most important to note.

There are many things that will stay part of the Chao's data, but will only be visible depending on which version of the game they are in. A good example is animal parts: there are multiple different animals between SA2B and SADX, and many lack corresponding parts, so animal parts from one version does not appear on the other. Race medals and prizes likely work the same.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

The medal remains visible on the Chao's body, yes. I do wonder why though. Maybe they were already working on SADX and decided to add them in last minute or something...

And I agree that SADX's races were stupid -_-
DarkFlyFlyChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: I'll be your satellite!

Post by DarkFlyFlyChao »

Thank you for the answers! I also hate the SADX races, I got the game when it came out and I STILL don't understand what the heck is going on there :cry: After all these years...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image My Chao series http://bit.ly/1Y19722 Image
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Arctic wrote:The medal remains visible on the Chao's body, yes. I do wonder why though. Maybe they were already working on SADX and decided to add them in last minute or something...
I actually did some quick play tests and figured out why.

The original Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast had Jewel Races and Beginner Races, but both were named with jewels that were specific courses. Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast brought back the Jewel Races, but with different jewels. Because SA1 and SA2 used very different Chao Gardens, among the number of preparations was likely the SA1 medals staying with the Chao when it transferred. (I don't have an SA1 Chao that I think can win a medal, so I cannot test this just yet.)

This would make the most sense, because SA2B essentially uses the SA2 Chao Garden, and the SADX Chao Garden is a modified SA2B Chao Garden. I doubt that the SA2B Team was fully aware to what extent SADX would have a Chao Garden, so it makes more sense that the medals were already there in SA2, used or not.

So the most likely reason is that SA1 and SA2 were pre-existing games, and the later versions just already had access to the resources.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

That makes more sense then.
So thanks to sloppy (is that the word?) porting, I can have a pretty Sapphire medal on my Chao in SA2B!
You could transfer Chao from SA1 to SA2 through Chao Adventure right? You may have already said, but I guess I didn't quite understand if you did '._. And I only have SA1 on the Dreamcast so I can't test it myself.