PC/PS3/XBOX chao database

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mermec
Egg
Egg

PC/PS3/XBOX chao database

Post by Mermec »

Is there any plan to make a database that is more focused on the remakes? I've been searching all over and it seems like the data is very limited.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: PC/PS3/XBOX chao database

Post by chaoadventures »

I assume there is, but there's not much to cover, since the re-releases of both Sonic Adventure games didn't add or remove much.

Either way, there's a blank page in the SA2B section for the differences (which is mostly, from what we can tell, porting issues), and the SADX section has this: http://chao.hippotank.com/sadx/breeds
Which as far as we know is the only difference in that version of SADX.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

As far as I know, the biggest difference going from SA2B on Gamecube to SA2B on PS360/Steam are "Bright Chao" and the biggest difference going from SADX on Gamecube to the original PC port is Shiny Jewel Chao looking different.

SA1 PS360/Steam might be lacking information, but if I'm not mistaken, the site is lacking in information regarding SA1DC. Granted, part of the problem is while SA2DC > SA2BGC was a minor upgrade to the Chao System and SADXGC SADXPC04, and the ports of SA2B use the same engine as SA2BGC, SA1DC -> SA2DC was a complete overhaul and the PS360 and Steam ports of SA1, as I understand, use a system closer to that from SA1DC than from SADXGC/PC04.
Mermec
Egg
Egg

Post by Mermec »

Thanks for the replies.

The bright chao are my main concern, is there any database for what they look like after first and second evolutions? I spent a ton of time playing the gamecube version, in my youth, and recently, after decided to pick up the steam version. Bright chao were a bit of turn off at first, but I've decided it's just a new variation that I can experiment with. Would be interesting to see what people have already found out, other than the unofficial bright chao thread, which I've taken a look at already.

If there is a database, I'd be willing to make some contributions, as far as pictures go.
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

There's a Bright Chao database on the forums, can't exactly remember where but it's there.

I'm currently trying to help contribute pictures to it, since it's obviously not conplete.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

There might be mods that disable Bright Chao, but I don't know much about modding games.

SA2 on Steam will at least behave the same as it does on Gamecube. SA1 on Steam is broken to not allow cross breeding, so no Two-Tone Chao or Shiny Jewel Chao.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Speaking of mods, nearly all Chao-specific mods are for SA2B Steam, and except for Fixed Edition, nearly all SADX mods are for the 2004 PC port rather than the steam version, partly due to none of the work done modding the 04 port being compatible with the Steam version, partly due to the steam version being deemed the inferior port.

I did inquire about bright chao in Sonic Retro's SA2 Hacking General thread, but best I can remember, I never got a definitive answer to their cause, and as far as I know, a fix has never been released.