How long does it take for my chao to die

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
JKSandwich
Egg
Egg
Motto: *Insert inspirational quote here

How long does it take for my chao to die

Post by JKSandwich »

How long does it take for my chao to die in sonic adventure for the dreamcast? :darkcool:
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Re: How long does it take for my chao to die

Post by Pentagrami »

2 days
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

^
ignore this guy

this is the wrong section for chao help, but if I can recall correctly, a chao completes its lifecycle in about 5 hours of time in the chao garden. so when the total amount of time you've spent in the garden your chao is in reaches 5 hours, it'll probably die (or reincarnate!) :herosway:
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In SA2DC and most later games, it varies quite a bit, but usually about 15 hours of garden time. SA1DC, however, has a radically different Chao System that isn't nearly as well documented as the one shared between the various versions of SA2 and SADX. I have no idea how long an SA1DC Chao takes to die of old age, though I've heard SA1DC has a hit points system and that Chao can die from abuse in that game.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Yeah I'm gonna mention flat out that the first Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast is VERY different from any other version. Every version of Sonic Adventure 2 and all the ports of the first Sonic Adventure essentially use the same system, but the original Sonic Adventure seems borderline untested at times.

As Mewtamer said, yes, through abuse a Chao will die when physically abused in the garden. It is currently unclear if it is an actual hit point system or not, though, because Chao on the VMU Chao Adventure games will have hit points, but going to zero on Chao Adventure never kills a Chao. [And some testing by Sable has made it unclear if boosting the Chao's hit points will actually save its life.] This means that if you're trying to get rid of a Chao in your garden, you attack it, and if you are trying to get rid of all your Chao, you play as E-102 Gamma and keep shooting.

But if your goal is reincarnation, rather than getting rid of the Chao, I'm not sure how long that should take. From what I remember reading, the Chao's lifespan is actually much shorter in the original Sonic Adventure, but I don't have anything to confirm that. I rarely had Chao reach death and rebirth or reincarnation so I don't know if you're going to be waiting the standard 15 to 25 hours that Chao tend to live, or if it'd be closer to 10 hours in total.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
JKSandwich
Egg
Egg
Motto: *Insert inspirational quote here

Post by JKSandwich »

Thank you for all of the replies, I am trying to make a chaos chao and I was just wondering.