The Alignment Stat: Petting, Giving Food, and Picking Up [Help Wanted]

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yoshitaichi
Egg
Egg

The Alignment Stat: Petting, Giving Food, and Picking Up [Help Wanted]

Post by Yoshitaichi »

Hello to anyone who comes across this topic~! I have question about the Alignment topic of Chaos.
My question is: How much does the Alignment stat of a Chao increase(Hero) or decrease(Dark) when you either pet them, give them food, or pick them up?

I understand that whenever I do any of these 3 options, the Chaos' floating ball turns into a heart which means their Happiness stat went up +1, and I'm aware of how the Alignment stat itself is structured out ranging from -1 to +1.

Right now, this is what I think the answer is to how much a Chaos' Alignment increases/decreases when you do either of these 3 options, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a Chaos' Alignment stat increases/decreases by 0.05 when these 3 actions are done. I'm not 100% sure if that's correct, but that's what I've come up with.

To anyone who has an answer, please feel free to reply, and thank you very much for your answer~! Have a wonderful day/night~! :chaohappy:
Palmpoa Commander
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Re: The Alignment Stat: Petting, Giving Food, and Picking Up [Help Wanted]

Post by Palmpoa Commander »

Why did you come up with .05?
Last edited by Palmpoa Commander on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yoshitaichi
Egg
Egg

Post by Yoshitaichi »

To Palmpoa Commander,

I came up with "0.05" because as I was looking through the "Alignment" sub-topic in "Evolving Chao", I found out when your Chao takes a last bite out of a Hero Fruit or a Dark Fruit, it increases/decreases a Chaos' Alignment stat by 0.15. I know the range of Alignment is -1 to +1, so to me that sounds like a kind of big increase/decrease. I thought "Oh! It'd be 0.15, 0.30, 0.45, 0.60, 0.75, 0.90, 1!"...I hope that made sense.

Sorry, I'm kind of rambling now. Honestly, all I did to get "0.05" was I made an educated guess, meaning I did research before coming up with the answer, but it's just a guess.
I wouldn't be surprised if my answer turns out to be wrong, I'm new here haha :sway:
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

While looking at the stats on Fusion's Chao Editor, here's a chart for the alignment changes:

Petting with Hero character = +0.050
Petting with Dark character = -0.050
Picking up with Hero character = +0.033
Picking up with Dark character = -0.033
Feeding any fruit with Hero character = +0.025
Feeding any fruit with Dark character = -0.025
Hero fruit = +0.150
Dark fruit = -0.150
Throwing with Hero character = -0.067
Throwing with Dark character = +0.067

I tested these on a few newborn chao just to be certain. Favourite fruits, personalities, and character bonds don't seem to affect these stat changes.

Fruits, throwing, and petting seem to be the best bets for shifting alignment quickly, but I would recommend petting since it's A. free and B. does not hurt your chao.

And one last note, the stat change for petting, picking, and feeding only occurs if the chao gives a heart emote, and the hero/dark fruit only affects alignment if the chao eats the whole thing.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Yoshitaichi
Egg
Egg

Post by Yoshitaichi »

@TheEndIsNearUs,

Sweet~! Thank you so much for all of the information, and I seriously appreciate what you did to be certain it was correct~!
I'll have to check out Fusion's Chao Editor one day, it seems like a very effective tool to have in your possession. Once again, thank you~!
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Yoshitaichi wrote:@TheEndIsNearUs,

Sweet~! Thank you so much for all of the information, and I seriously appreciate what you did to be certain it was correct~!
I'll have to check out Fusion's Chao Editor one day, it seems like a very effective tool to have in your possession. Once again, thank you~!
No problem, I'm glad I could help! Also, Fusion's Chao Editor is pretty useful for analyzing chao more thoroughly, and also for experimenting with them.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool: