Chao Identification Thread

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Chao Identification Thread

Post by Pratzelwurm »

I've seen a couple of posts of people not sure what kind of chao they've created [whether in genetics or in type], so I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread specifically for those who want to know but don't have access to or want to download Fusion's editor, or who simply don't want to dig through the rest of the website to try and match up pictures. Basically, if you have a chao and are not certain what it is, you can post it here and I [or other users] can help you figure it out!
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
KittehChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: Chao Identification Thread

Post by KittehChao »

Heya. I'm new to this forum and have only just recently gotten back into raising/breeding chao after about 8 years, so I apologize if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to identify what kind of chao I managed to accidentally breed here (on SA2B GC ver.): http://puu.sh/qmJlA/a241837337.jpg It looks like an evolved normal chao, but it's an absolute newborn.

I initially thought, "Oh hey, a two-tone sky blue/green chao." But I quickly realized neither of the parents should have been able to produce that sort of chao. Here are pictures of the parents: http://puu.sh/qmJuj/58c4db7163.jpg Luster the silver chao whose alleles I don't remember because I bred him ages ago, and http://puu.sh/qmJvZ/95b9956c3e.jpg Saturn, the shiny two-tone black chao whose alleles I also forget, so I hope those aren't too important; I'm kind of unfamiliar with the alleles system as well. From what I've read around here, jewel chao can tend to produce some funny looking offspring, but this was just unexpected entirely for me. And I'm not sure if it helps, but later on the same day I bred the same two parents again and got this: A shiny variant of the same strange chao (with all S stats, woohoo!): http://puu.sh/qmJC7/aa84da4077.jpg And I'm sorry it's hard to see the varying colors in that picture since it's on track for an angelic evolution, but it's practically the same as the regular one--green spots and all. Any help with identification is highly appreciated!
:chaohappy:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

TheEndIsNearUs, I like the idea for this thread. Thanks for setting it up.

KittehChao, welcome to Chao Island! And congratulations on your all S chao, which is pretty exciting.
So, how you got the parents is definitely important for deciphering how it is possible, but I can say, your chao is a two-tone sky blue.
Two-tone babies are not on the main site, but pictures of them have been compiled, and you can see here (the top right chao) the similarities:
The craziness with jewel chao offspring (specifically Shiny+Jewel chao) is not actually in effect here (ironically.) The kind of craziness depends on if you are playing on GameCube or PC, but on GC you get see through chao.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

The most likely situation is that your Silver Chao and your Shiny Two-Tone Black Chao are likely mixed breeds. This is obvious in your results:

If your Silver Chao were pure, then it could only have offspring that are Silver Chao or Shiny Jewel Chao, so your Silver Chao could easily have had a Sky Blue Chao for a parent, and hid the Sky Blue gene under the Silver coating. I'm also fairly confident that your Shiny Two-Tone Black Chao is likely a 3rd generation Chao, because very few people actually end up buying a Shiny Black Chao, so you had to breed for a Shiny Black Chao or a Two-Tone Black Chao and then breed for the missing part. So that's two other chances where a Shiny Sky Blue Chao could have been involved. Chao can go generations carrying a gene without it showing up, so it is always a factor.

For the record, Shiny Jewel Chao is a technical term for when Shininess and a Jewel Coating are both present. The results will always look like Shiny Two-Tone Chao, but not make sense based on what Color the Shiny Chao was. The color of the Jewel Chao is always irrelevant. So when you get a Non-Shiny Chao that looks like any other Chao, it won't have anything to do specific with the Jewel Coating.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui