inaccessible chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

inaccessible chao?

Post by FluffyCats »

i am currently playing sonic adventure 2 battle on a dolphin emulator. i started a new file, and when I started up my chao garden (a fresh new chao save file), there is only one egg in my garden. when i use the chao transporter, it shows that the 2nd chao is there, but it has a red X over it.
Spoiler:
i checked the chao classroom, and nobody is there.
Spoiler:
where could that 2nd chao be? is it permanently stuck like that? :thinking:
edit: i dont know why the pictures aren't working
edit2: nevermind i got the pictures to work
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: inaccessible chao?

Post by chaoadventures »

Given that Dolphin runs most stuff imperfectly (but really close) at this point in development this seems like a semi-major bug
(the game is playable and you can buy eggs, but not having two chao to start with is just plain incorrect emulation).

Normally that red X happens when a Chao is in Kindergarten classes, but if they haven't even hatched or have a egg for that matter, they shouldn't even appear in the Transporter.

Chances are they're stuck like that if all these inconsistencies are here. The only way I could see to get 2 starter eggs like you should, is to delete your chao file and try again, which might not work.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Very strange indeed. As another odd consequence, you are probably limited to 7 chao in the garden, since it seems the non-present chao will take a spot.
chaoadventures seems spot on in assessment.
Emulating Gamecube scares me, in part for reasons like this.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

did you use a hack/cheat code ? it happen to me when i was hacking a GC chao in Dolphin :heroblink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Post by FluffyCats »

@chaoadventures- i have another chao garden file using dolphin and this problem never happened, so you're right about this being a semi-major bug. i guess i'll wipe my chao save.
@mamkute- i like having a lot of chao so having one hidden chao take up a spot in the garden will definitely be a nuisance for me :darkcry:
@darkybenji- i did use cheat codes before, but not on this file. i turn them off every time i play on this file

thank you all for your help, i appreciate it :herosway:
i will make a new file and i will post if this error happens again or if it is gone.

edit:
Spoiler:
here they are, 2 starter eggs! :chaohappy:
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

Interestingly, your phantom chao also seems to have had no eyes selected for it.