Question about pink/purple/yellow eggs for Xbox.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Viala
Egg
Egg

Question about pink/purple/yellow eggs for Xbox.

Post by Viala »

So I've been playing SA2:B for a while on my Xbox 360. I've been gathering emblems so I could obtain a pink Chao egg from the black market, but it refuses to show up even after many hours of resetting the black market.

I read somewhere that the memory card on Dreamcast and GameCube only allowed certain presets of egg colors, and you needed a new memory card in order to get the egg colors you don't have. Obviously I can't do that on my 360, but since they've patched a few things from the GameCube version (namely Sonic and Shadow being able to jump out of the garden), I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if that's still a thing? Am I completely unable to get a pink Chao egg on this save file?

(I definitely have enough emblems, having 168/180, so that isn't the issue.)
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Re: Question about pink/purple/yellow eggs for Xbox.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

I do believe this is still a feature included in the Xbox Version for SA2B. Pink, Purple, and Yellow eggs are one of the 3 sets of eggs that might be excluded from the blackmarket on your save file. Unfortunately, since you have Xbox, I think the only way to possibly get pink eggs are to reset your chao garden. :c

Sorry!
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Viala
Egg
Egg

Post by Viala »

Ah... Dang it. Thank you for the reply! My follow up question now, is it possible to transfer my Chao anywhere to keep them safe so I don't lose them during a garden reset? I have quite a few rare Chao that I don't particularly want to lose.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

There is a way, kind of. It requires a little bit of modding and editing, though. I don't particularly like to tinker with my games (in fear I will break them some how XD) but if you're experienced or willing to try it out, then here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ02anjOs6g

This video shows memory transfer from GC > Ps3, but it should also work for Xbox, and vise-versa, if you can figure it out. I'm not the Expert who knows how to help out with the whole modding stuff, but if you need help, I can go see if I can get the guy for the job. ;u;
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

Step 1: Transfer save data to PC.
Step 2: Back it up!
Step 3: Use a bruteforcing program to decrypt the code, saving your personal key for later.
Step 4: Convert your chao's name into hexadecimal code and search it in the save data.
Step 5: Use the "chao genome project" data to determine the start and end of that chao.
Step 6: Copy it to an empty file
Step 7: Reset you chao data on the console.
Step 8: Check for the desired egg colours.
step 9: Transfer save data to PC.
Step 10: Back it up!
Step 11: Use the bruteforcing program to decrypt its code, saving your personal key for later.
Step 12: Convert a chao you don't like's name into hex.
Step 13: Replace that chao with the saved one.
Step 14: Reencrypt the file using your key.
Step 15: Return it to the console.

Alternatively:
Step 4: Convert an unwanted chao's name into hexadecimal code and search it in the original save.
Step 5: Use the "chao genome project" to determine the relative position of its colour data.
Step 6: Change that to yellow/pink/purple.
Step 7: Reencrypt the file using your key.
Step 8: Return it to the console.

This second method will give you the desired colours but not change your shop. It will, however, also allow you to have jewel chao, which is how I bred my unique tricolour bright chao.