Cry baby

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Qnez
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Cry baby

Post by Qnez »

Alright so I managed to have an all S chaos chao, and I have been raising it for a long while(around 10 ingame years)
However, it had the cry baby personality.
I just dunno how to get rid of it

I tried leaving it alone in a garden and leaving my game on, and even abuse it. (didnt save though)
Anyone have any ideas? I find a lot of mixed messages online.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Re: Cry baby

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Do you want to get rid of the chao, or just the personality? If it's the former, then just drop it in the departure box, but if it's the latter, then it's a bit trickier.

Basically, you need to leave your chao alone for the most part, but not completely neglect it. If it does something good, like if it eats a fruit or does one of its learned behaviors, then reward it with petting or picking up or giving it a fruit. Also, if it cries, ignore it, and eventually it will stop and do something else. Unfortunately, this isn't a guaranteed personality change, but if this goes on for long enough, there's a chance it will switch to a more desirable personality.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Qnez
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Qnez »

Yeah, I dont want to get rid of it, Its one of my oldest and only all S chao. Just want cry baby gone

Thanks for the tip, Im gonna try that when i get home. So far neglecting it for 4 chao years havent helped though but I didnt try to reward it so doing that now
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Personalities are a difficult topic. We still haven't completely figured them out, even after all this time. But may I ask why you want to remove the Crybaby personality? As far as I know, having this personality doesn't actually do anything to the chao. If it cries lots (lying on its back and wailing) it's just hungry, and that's an action every chao will perform regardless of personality.

One thing we do know however, as mentioned above, is that personalities can change over time. The best thing to do is simply wait, and take good care of your chao!
Image It's still thinking...
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

I've been experimenting to remove the Crybaby personality myself, and I've found the most success with COMPLETELY ignoring the Chao for about a full hour or so. This method has worked with three of my Chao so far. This involves not giving the Chao any attention whatsoever; no feeding it, no petting it, no picking it up, not even whistling or helping it if it can't swim.

I can't guarantee that this will work for you because I've only tested it on my game, but it has produced incredible results compared to other attempts. I should warn you that the Chao will still retain some aspects of the Crybaby personality, such as throwing tantrums every now and then (although I would imagine that that can't be completely removed anyway since all Chao do it sometimes). Also, abusing Chao doesn't help with removing Crybaby at all. I've checked this in my tests and their inclination to the Crybaby personality stays completely the same.

If you try this, let me know. I posted a thread about this experiment if you want to find out anything else about it. Good luck!
Qnez
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Qnez »

Chao Professor wrote:Personalities are a difficult topic. We still haven't completely figured them out, even after all this time. But may I ask why you want to remove the Crybaby personality?
Its my main and one of my first chao. Just doesnt feel right to have it as a cry baby. Also I dont want his hidden stats to be bad.
ChrisOfChaos wrote:I've been experimenting to remove the Crybaby personality myself, and I've found the most success with COMPLETELY ignoring the Chao for about a full hour or so. This method has worked with three of my Chao so far. This involves not giving the Chao any attention whatsoever; no feeding it, no petting it, no picking it up, not even whistling or helping it if it can't swim.

I can't guarantee that this will work for you because I've only tested it on my game, but it has produced incredible results compared to other attempts. I should warn you that the Chao will still retain some aspects of the Crybaby personality, such as throwing tantrums every now and then (although I would imagine that that can't be completely removed anyway since all Chao do it sometimes). Also, abusing Chao doesn't help with removing Crybaby at all. I've checked this in my tests and their inclination to the Crybaby personality stays completely the same.

If you try this, let me know. I posted a thread about this experiment if you want to find out anything else about it. Good luck!
Yes, I tried this. I left the game running with my chao alone in the hero garden for 2 full day in real life. He aged like 10+ years. No interactions at all. Still no luck