Weird shaded Chao that I haven't seen in the gallary.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Weird shaded Chao that I haven't seen in the gallary.

Post by Rufflikerex »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TX-clq ... U&index=36 during 7:15 - 7:40 a grey mono-tone Chao and a normal two-tone Chao breed to create a normal two-tone Chao with its entire body having a grey shade. Is this the result of the Chao taking a color from one of its parents (which could potentially create an entirely new selection from the gallery), or is this just the Chao being born a bit on the dark alignment? I haven't found anything that explains this on the Chao Island website so I would be very thankful if someone could explain what just happened to me.

Extra Info: The video's creator played the PS3 version of SA2HD with Battle DLC. He claims that the dark shade is the result from the child Chao "taking something" from the gray parent Chao.
Last edited by Rufflikerex on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Random Internet Person.
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: Wierd shaded Chao that I haven't seen in the gallary.

Post by Mindacos »

I think the reason why you can't find it is because the child chao section of the gallery looks to be incomplete: http://chao.hippotank.com/gallery/baby
Notice that only the Shiny Mono-Tones and Jewels seem to be showcased, and every other image in the gallery 404s, I guess that gallery needs some revisiting now.

What was shown on the video was just a normal child grey two-tone with no other special characteristics to it.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Wierd shaded Chao that I haven't seen in the gallary.

Post by chaoadventures »

,,,Looks like a Child Two-Tone Grey to me, with its color slightly altered (along with everything else) by the capture device used and/or Youtube.

Everything is fine. The Two-tone trait of the Two-Tone Normal Chao was passed down to its off-spring, while the trait of simply being a gray colored chao was passed down by the Mono-Tone Gray chao.
Basically it's like they had a baby. Er, using that saying literally. It goes much further than that, but the basis of it is the baby is a mix of both chao that mated.

I think there's much more info on breeding mechanics here (with more words) and here (also with more words).

Also you spelled "Weird" wrong and it's bothering the living heck out of me.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

SO IT'S THE CAPTURE-CARD'S FAULT!

Post by Rufflikerex »

Thanks c.a.! So it's just the capture card then. I thought there was a shade gene for a second! Thanks for the links, but the video itself just confused me because the Chao looked like both a normal and grey colored Chao! :herocry:
-Random Internet Person.