Can I get a Bright Chao out of these two chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Vadara
Egg
Egg

Can I get a Bright Chao out of these two chao?

Post by Vadara »

I've been caught by the Chao raising bug and am currently addicted to the Steam version of SA2B. Right now Bright Chao are my latest obsession after making an adorable Orange one (I especially like how they keep their color when they evolve into Dark chao), and I want to make a few more.

Right now I have a Red Two-Tone Chao I bred from one of my starting Chao and a Red Mono-Tone from the BM. The Chao I want to breed it with is a Shiny Orange Mono-Tone from the BM. Since my red Chao isn't a pure two-tone, is it possible to get the Red Shiny Two-Tone I want from this pair?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Can I get a Bright Chao out of these two chao?

Post by Mamkute »

Yes, you can, but it is not guaranteed.
You could get Red or Orange Bright Chao.

This is because the two-tone red chao has a Normal and a Red color gene. The child chao will have an Orange gene and a Red or Normal gene. The Red color gene has the chance of being the displayed gene (while the Normal gene will never be displayed if there is another color gene) thus making the resulting chao red.