Two questions.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Two questions.

Post by Bubblebeam »

1). With multiple saves of SA2 (on console), will each save offer different colour eggs at the black market?

2). Can console saves be transferred over to PC to play on PC version?

Thank you.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: Two questions.

Post by azureprism »

My sister's SA2B save files offers different colours in the black market than mine does. I'm not even sure if it's possible to have access to every colour on a single save file - the eggs appear to come in tiers. The universal white, grey, lime green and black aside; eggs come in tier groups with similar prices - it seems you unlock one of the several in each tier first and then as you collect more emblems you unlock another of the colours in each tier. I'm positive that I've seen red, yellow and their shiny versions for sale when accessing the black market on my save file, but never blue or shiny blue. I'm not at all 180 emblems yet, though. Maybe that'll unlock all of the colours? I swear I've already seen shiny black eggs around a couple of times.

I'm not sure about entire saves, but Chao can be extracted from the Gamecube versions' Chao garden save data using one of the things accessible with Wii homebrew and then altered through a hex editor to make them compatible with the Steam releases. There's a guide up somewhere showing which values correspond to which aspects of a Chao - it seems that you need to reverse some of them in order to keep them intact when they're placed into the Steam versions. I'm not really sure what the deal is with the Chao structure the 2004 PC release of SADX uses, but it's probably online somewhere. Either way, I'd love to be able to mess around with some of my Chao on SA2BCGN or transfer the ones on my copy of SADX 2004 to the Steam version if I ever get around to purchasing it and loading BetterSADX onto it.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Gah. This is the second time this has happened, realising too late about the limited colours and not getting the ones I'd like (browns and pinks). My friend and I have SA2 on PS3 (he has SA2 and I have SA2 Battle) and basically we have each others colours. Seems there's no way around it besides restarting the entire save.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

You could probably keep your main save around and start a couple of spare SA2B saves, amass some of the easier emblems until one of them spawns the colour you're looking for and see where it all ends up from there. Are the main game and Chao save files still separate on the console versions, i.e. a limit of one Chao save per console/memory device that is accessed by all of the SA2B saves on that thing?
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Yeah they're separate saves, but I have a feeling I tried that some years ago and the egg selection was still limited to the same colours. I'll have another try in case though.

Would the egg pool be different if the chao world file was deleted but not the main save? At least in doing that, we're only losing our chao and not all our emblems.