Naming Chao using VMU?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tainy
Egg
Egg

Naming Chao using VMU?

Post by Tainy »

I found out back when I first got batteries for my VMU and tried out Chao Adventure 2 that you can name a Chao using it without going to the fortune teller, but is there any side affects? I named both of my Chao this way and when I pick them up it only shows a little bubble with the name, none of the stats. Is this normal for the Dreamcast version or something? First time using this version to raise Chao. Should I do something to be able to see the stats again? I've been thinking of renaming my Chao, so can I just go to the fortune teller and fix this? Extremely new to Chao raising. This is probably normal knowledge but hey, beginners are beginners :wink:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Naming Chao using VMU?

Post by chaoadventures »

I never got to play the Dreamcast version of SA2 but from what I remember reading about it and what I played of SA1DC, only your chao's name is displayed in-game, but you can check your chao's
stat points directly on your VMU when you put them in Chao Adventure.

Also, I don't know what the Chao Doctor is like in SA2DC, but you can probably go to him to check your stats in-game as well.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

On both of the Dreamcast games, a Chao's name can only be seen when it is picked up or highlighted on the race entry screens - in SA1DC the colour of the text varies from Chao to Chao, I haven't figured out if it's based on colour or type. From what I've seen on YouTube, the only option in the health centre in SA2DC is to check a Chao's health, and stats can only be seen through Chao Adventure 1/2. I don't think the fortune teller exists in SA2DC, so naming through a VMU is probably the only option.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

Yes, VMU is the ONLY way to name your Chao in the Dreamcast versions. The VMU is also the only way to view your Chao's stats. (Offline at least) At least with the system here, you can view your opponent Chao's names in the Chao Race.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs