None of my chao are able to open the jack in the box

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

None of my chao are able to open the jack in the box

Post by Chao Professor »

It's only in races. They all have high intelligence stats, but every chao I use freezes at the jack in the box and never opens it. This is on the steam version of SA2, both CWE and Fusion's editor were used to edit the chao. Is this an issue with the mods or just a glitch present in the pc version? It's frustrating as hell 'cause I can never beat the races if I can't fix this. Anyone know what's going on here?
Image It's still thinking...
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: None of my chao are able to open the jack in the box

Post by chaoadventures »

Define high intelligence? Did you use Fusion's Editor to alter their intelligence as high as you possibly could?

I've heard putting the stats to numbers that exceed intended ones by too much can mess with the way the Races work to game-breaking extents.

Or so I've heard.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

Yeah, I altered the intelligence stat to be higher after I encountered this, but it had no effect.
I kinda presumed that any chao was capable of opening it despite their level of intelligence, it would just take longer. But I think forever is pushing it.

It's not even with one particular chao, it's just seemingly all of them. Nothing's been maxed out, the current stats are definitely achievable through normal gameplay. It's pretty weird.
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Mindacos »

From my experience, if a chao has over 4950 intelligence, it'll softlock in both the jack in the box and the fruits. If your chao's intelligence is below that, you should be fine.

you heccing cheater
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

Yup, intelligence was maxed out after all. Oops.

i'm sorry thankk
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

Intelligence can go as high as 4983 before the timer for opening the box goes into a negative amount from the start. Since negative time will not equal 0, the timer will continue to count down and go farther away from 0. The same applies for the matching test. Likewise, Power can go as high as 4339 when shaking trees in the races before the timer goes into a negative amount.

They all stats at 4000 for a reason.

Also, hold on, you're saying you got the stats through normal means? What version were you playing?
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

No, the stats were, minus intelligence, completely achievable through normal gameplay they weren't obtained that way tho. I didn't notice that intelligence had been maxed out for several of my chao, however, hence the softlocking. It was just something I stupidly overlooked.