Dark Chao & Hero Chao bully interactions??

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Dark Chao & Hero Chao bully interactions??

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Okay so I just downloaded Chao World Extended for my PC and when I jumped in after I got it set up, it was sooo amazing (thanks DarkBenji :chaohappy: ) !

untilll.. I saw my Dark/Run Chao “e6” get into a mood and stomp over to my Hero/Neutral Chao “Wakko” just to punch him!

Now here’s some more details that might help:

1. e6 is a crybaby personality and this happened right after I’d finished consoling him after one of his fits.

2. Wakko has done absolutely nothing to e6 (he was sleeping when he got punched :chaocry: )

3. There are no other Chao that have been hatched that were around at the time of the fight.

:herocry: If you guys could help it’d be great! :darkcry:
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: Dark Chao & Hero Chao bully interactions??

Post by azureprism »

Isn't the bullying Chao feature an optional one for CWE? You should be able to remove or turn it off.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

It is optional
But I was just wondering why it happened exactly? If there IS any reason to why it happened other than “it’s an optional mod that you can turn on and off if necessary”.

I originally thought that type of behavior only belonged to “Bully” personality chao (which I thought the mod would add) . Not just Dark Chao all together.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

It might be triggered by an emotion parameter reaching a certain level and then influenced by the Chao's personality parameters and alignment - some Dark and Neutral Chao throw tantrums when upset rather than crying. What originally upset the attacking Chao?
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Absolutely nothing. :no:

I know he wasn’t massively hungry, nor ignored, nor hurt. (I basically baby them to death )
he was just having a crying spell beforehand (caused by the personality) and I went to comfort him.

Now that I think about it, he could’ve gotten jealous... but over what? I dunno.. (can Chao even get jealous??)
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

I'm a bit late on this, but I'd like to ask for some clarification on the chao crying due to its crybaby personality. As far as I know, a crybaby will not actually cry more than any other chao. If the chao was lying down and crying, it was hungry. Chao tend to bully other chao when their hunger is high. Making every chao in your garden starve with that code on will quite literally turn it into a savage deathpit. So I suspect this was the case.

From what I've observed, there doesn't seem to be any defining factors that will cause a bully chao to target a specific chao. They just seem to stomp around the garden until they lock on to someone.
Image It's still thinking...